CrazyBoards.org

Moods that "Wiggle"

Hiya-

For awhile there, I was having daily major mood spikes, giving me a mania in the morning and a suicidal spiral in the pm.

Enter Zyprexa.

Now, I feel my moods following a gentle, wiggle kind of wave through the day. just curving steadily up and down and up and down, through the day and not in spikes.

What can I expect? Will meds get me to this point, or can I ever expect to get rid of the weirdo moods? And do any of you get this?

Loon

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but to me the "wiggle" mood sounds like what I'd call a normal one. That's what mine are like, anyway. I still have spikes every once in awhile, and lately they've been really angry ones, but overall I'm doing a lot better. and my moods still "wiggle". I've had wildly cycling moods over the course of the day before, and I've had certain meds take my mood and completely flatline it so I couldn't feel much of anything. This is a happy medium. I don't know if it's what you would call a perfect mood, but hey, I'll take it.

Crying, rejoicing, hating the dog, hating myself/the world, getting giddy and dancing all night...those happen sometimes, but generally my meds are keeping it within reason.

i guess that's all we can expect. no cure in sight!

Guest espressogrrl

I've reorganized my my life around this.

I dont check my email before meds have sunk in for anxiety.

I do most of my multitasking in the afternoon and the early evening - each time the adderall xr gives its lil' boost.

I try (and fail) at engaging in emotional discussions at the end of the day when both meds are declining in effectiveness.

Map out the swings of your meds, and match your to-do's against that map. Thats just my suggestion.

Archived