CrazyBoards.org

All right, okay, so I've got 80 days till I can have sex. (9 months have passed.) Maybe it's nobody's biz but mine and a few close others, including every fucking last one of my co-workers, but here I go. All right, so I bought a nice picture. What a deal! I'm a little more thoughtful. Museums- great! Friends- where are they! Whatever. I'm sorta on my own planet with this one. I'm sick of the crank calls, oh well. I'm doing more following thru. Cool.

So you gave yourself a test period or something? Or you physically could not have sex?

Whatever it was, congrats on your celibacy. And being more social is always a good thing. Mine comes in spurts but I am usually just lame. Meh.

What's with the crank calls? Are you making them or receiving them?

Hi!!! Thanks for your interest!!!

The neuropsycho'ist suggested I not have sex for 14 months. (Things were spinning out of control.) I'll shoot for 12. Pretty icky, following some guys orders- that concern my life, and my judgement. Then my regional center thera' joins in to agree- getting spacy. Whatever!!!

I agree that it can feel pretty yucky to follow someone else's "orders" about your private life. Ultimately, though, these were suggestions and you chose to do this in the hopes of bettering yourself. That's not to make you feel bad- it's to give you some credit. You made a choice for your own well-being and you've been able to follow through- for an entire YEAR (almost)! That's pretty incredible.

Feeling more thoughtful is a good thing.

Do you want to expand on why you chose to abstain for a year? You seem kind of ambivalent as to whether or not it's been beneficial for you... like you said, you're feeling more thoughtful. Anything else?

Congrats on the year. That is a LOT of willpower.

Archived