CrazyBoards.org

seroquel and remeron combination

I'm on 225 effexor / 100 seroquel. I switched to the seroquel from remeron because of wake ups at 3 am. even after raising and lowering the remeron dose. With seroquel, I still have the same thing happening at 100 mg., except now, less energy, and a case of the stupids. I will continue to raise it, though.

My question: has anyone ever tried leaving both remeron and seroquel in the mix? I thought I saw someone mix these on the boards but nothing else was mentioned about it. Just curious.

My pdoc didn't mention the possibilty of raising the effexor.

tee

I'd be hesitant on that.

What dose were you on of Remeron? The lower the more sedating. Seroquel you can raise and get more sedated. But if you're feeling "stupid" - you should tell your p-doc. Seroquel didn't work for me. It was way too sedating. But I took Remeron for years. I stopped because it pooped out.

I use meditation music to fall asleep to. If I wake up, I just start the CD again. I use headphones. If the waking up isn't really due to panic ( mine is ) or something that's going on with your head, why don't you try some non-medical things?

Do you exercise? Meditate? Do yoga or Tai Chi? All of these can be relaxing enough to knock you out at night.

I always tend to try and go the other way.

Breeze

I was on anywhere from 7.5 to 45 mg. remeron. I first tried it as a standalone med. Terrible for me. But when I added an ssri, it ironed out and was perfect. The ssri pooped out, so added the effexor. This worked for a while, then the wake ups.

The remeron was good for my appetite, supposedly so is seroquel. I thought the seroquel might be less sedating the next day as the dose was raised, but at the same time keep me asleep through the night.

I'll try some music next time I wake up early. That's a good suggestion.

tee

I'd be hesitant on that.

What dose were you on of Remeron? The lower the more sedating. Seroquel you can raise and get more sedated. But if you're feeling "stupid" - you should tell your p-doc. Seroquel didn't work for me. It was way too sedating. But I took Remeron for years. I stopped because it pooped out.

I use meditation music to fall asleep to. If I wake up, I just start the CD again. I use headphones. If the waking up isn't really due to panic ( mine is ) or something that's going on with your head, why don't you try some non-medical things?

Do you exercise? Meditate? Do yoga or Tai Chi? All of these can be relaxing enough to knock you out at night.

I always tend to try and go the other way.

Breeze

I thought the seroquel might be less sedating the next day as the dose was raised, but at the same time keep me asleep through the night.

No. Seroquel doesn't work this way. That is a weird side deal with Remeron. Don't think they intended that when it was made. It was meant to be an AD. But the sedating part was too much. So most doctors use it for sleep.

There is a great series of meditation Music called "The Sounds of Source" - They are wonderful. #4 or the "one with the pink cover" is the best. It is also the most popular. #3 or "the one with the gold cover" has whales singing on it. They tuned the whales with the orchestra.

Anyway - #2 and #5 are too stimulating for me. But I love 1,3, and 4.

Here's a link to #4. Click here If you like it you can hunt for the rest.

Breeze

Archived