CrazyBoards.org

OCD - Glutamate connection

i signed up to get weekly email pubmed updates on a couple of different topics, one of them OCD. this week there were like seven hits just for OCD, but this one grabbed my attention right away:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...l=pubmed_DocSum

i still haven't made my way through the whole abstract, but it sounds promising that they have some idea of what neurotransmitters may be involved, and what gene codes for it AND what chromosome its on. maybe getting ahead of myself, you science types knock it down for you will. but i will watch the hunt to track down the little bugger that has ruined my life. may god have mercy on your soul Gene SLC1A1 or whatever the crap you're called, because if i had my way i'd make it my mission to eradicate the world of this faulty glutamate gene and save people A LOT of pain.

anyways what do you guys think? i had read something in one of the more recent OC Foundation letters about promising results from the latest studies of a OCD - glutamate connection. one of the follow up studies suggested treatment with the NAC supplement that penny century pinned to the top of this forum. has any one else read or heard much about the OCD - glutamate connection?

i signed up to get weekly email pubmed updates on a couple of different topics, one of them OCD. this week there were like seven hits just for OCD, but this one grabbed my attention right away:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...l=pubmed_DocSum

i still haven't made my way through the whole abstract, but it sounds promising that they have some idea of what neurotransmitters may be involved, and what gene codes for it AND what chromosome its on. maybe getting ahead of myself, you science types knock it down for you will. but i will watch the hunt to track down the little bugger that has ruined my life. may god have mercy on your soul Gene SLC1A1 or whatever the crap you're called, because if i had my way i'd make it my mission to eradicate the world of this faulty glutamate gene and save people A LOT of pain.

anyways what do you guys think? i had read something in one of the more recent OC Foundation letters about promising results from the latest studies of a OCD - glutamate connection. one of the follow up studies suggested treatment with the NAC supplement that penny century pinned to the top of this forum. has any one else read or heard much about the OCD - glutamate connection?

I know I'd sure be excited to find out there's something glutamate therapy can do. I can't tolerate any kind of serotonin drugs at all, yet CBT is like an endless game of Whack-A-Mole, and OCD has been trainwrecking my life for the past 24 years.

Archived