CrazyBoards.org

List your favorite firefox extensions

I did this a while back but these change so fast I thought I'd do it again:

adblock

Adblock Filterset.G Updater

All-in-one sidebar -- really handy. see screenshots.

aspellfox -- this will let you spellcheck posts on crazyboards

bbcodeXtra -- This will help with a lot of formatting stuff on crazyboards posts.

bookmark duplicate detector -- keeps you from bookmarking the same thing twice too.

clipmarks -- del.icio.us taken to the next level. More social and better organized.

del.icio.us official plugin

Dummy Lipsum -- generates random text for filling out web layouts

fasterfox

FireBug -- DOM inspector / web debugger, etc

flashblock

forecastfox

Menu Editor

Mr Tech Local Install -- also lets you force firefox to use out of date extentions and themes if you know what you are doing.

My Porthole -- turns all your bookmards into a dynamic web porthole.

PDF Download

sage -- RSS feed reader

ScrapBook -- Saves and organzies web pages in their entirity.

tab mix plus

TinyUrl Creator

Web Developer

I like "view this page in IE" because every so often I run across one that doesn't display right. (Dorks. Mozilla is the future.)

I also like the google toolbar so that I can have the built-in search bar set to wikipedia.

I really liked the decorative "FireSomething" extension that shifted "Firefox" in the toolbar to random words (e.g., "FireOctopus" or your choice), but I don't think it works with newer versions.

I like the idea of extensions. I just don't like having to find new versions and reinstall them with EVERY SINGLE FF UPDATE. I've long since given up on heightened functionality.

I like the idea of extensions. I just don't like having to find new versions and reinstall them with EVERY SINGLE FF UPDATE. I've long since given up on heightened functionality.

Between mr. tech and the all-in-one sidebar i've not had to worry about that through the past three upgrades. Mr. tech has a setting that lets you make any extension compatable with any version firfox. Or tell firefox it is. If it will work or how well is anyone's guess.

I really liked the decorative "FireSomething" extension that shifted "Firefox" in the toolbar to random words (e.g., "FireOctopus" or your choice), but I don't think it works with newer versions.

haha i installed this (with the help of mr. tech local install letting me get around the version issue) and then completley forgot i did this, and spent a few hours the next day wondering why the hell i was now using "mozilla sealeech"... totally rocks.

Archived