CrazyBoards.org

I decided to post here since this is my dx.

I am not very depressed, but I want to die. I'e been thinking of ways to do it but I have no definite plans and yes, I do have a safety plan.

I am coming out of a period of adhedonia and blunted affect. I've also had a few slight visual halucenations. I'm not hearing voices or anything like that. I am more paranoid than usual.

This just bothers me terribly. Has anyone else had this issue?

Wish I could explain better, I'll try later.

Yeah I've been there. Not particularly depressed but suicidal. And getting excited and feeling good about suicide. I had planned to take an overdose because I figured it was the least troubling way for people around me, no mess, no train driver in counselling for life etc.

I don't really know what snapped me out of it, I think at first it was a little thing I wanted to get done and then cap myself in a week or so, thenm some other little thing and it all added up to me still being here.

Do you want to die because these symptoms are such a burden to you?  Or is there some stuff going on you haven't mentioned?  I noticed that you weren't feeling particularly depressed and wondered what else might've provoked the suicidal ideation.

I am coming out of a period of adhedonia and blunted affect. I've also had a few slight visual halucenations. I'm not hearing voices or anything like that. I am more paranoid than usual.

This just bothers me terribly. Has anyone else had this issue?

I haven't been dxed schizoaffective (yet), but I feel I can relate somewhat, having the hallucinations and paranoia...cognitive problems...emotional numbness and apathy...

Anyway, I just wanted to lend a little moral support.  I hope you'll hang in there.

I thought I was feeling the same way, but then realized that I am depressed after all.

It started out with a little extra "kick" to the delusions, maybe rumminating on things a bit more than I should, getting a little more edgey and paranoid.

I started making pretty detailed plans, and almost followed through a couple of times.

Then I realized that I don't complain about feeling depressed, because it wasn't what stuck out. Having a head that makes me hear my friends calling me a weak idiot was what I said bothered me. Having to drive home a different way from work everyday was what worried me. But I was getting depressed, and just didn't realize it.

Tell your doctor...they gave me an antidepressant. I still feel like shit, but if they tell me its getting better than it must be. I even popped over to the depression board, and everyone there has been really helpful.

Archived