CrazyBoards.org

Effexor XR - Move to lexapro

Guest BatmanReturns

Guest BatmanReturns

I have been on effexor xr for about 3 months. I started out at the 37.5mg starter pack for a week and went to the 75mg for about 2 months. Now been on 150mg for a month and feel like shit. I want off and to move to lexapro as that is my last option. I am tired all the time, eating up like crazy, and feel just fucking disconnected entirely. Anyone else made this switch? It is for GAD, PTSD, and OCD (only the O though). My mind constantly goes thining and worrying. This hasn't helped, prozac made me nervous and my hands were shaking, zoloft made me tired, luvox - didn't try it except 2 days, anafranil made me feel AWFUL, serzone did nothing, celexa didn't help. What the HELL IS next??????????????????????????????????????????

;)

I have been on effexor xr for about 3 months. I started out at the 37.5mg starter pack for a week and went to the 75mg for about 2 months. Now been on 150mg for a month and feel like shit.

I am tired all the time, eating up like crazy, and feel just fucking disconnected entirely.

At 150 mg, I think Effexor should still be in it's SSRI-only range and act mostly like Zoloft and Celexa and Lexapro.

You'd actually have to go up a bit more to see an effect from noradrenaline reuptake inhibition - which would

normally cut down on the tiredness, any overeating from trying to get some energy going or just being bored

out of your skull, and some of the zoning.

The trouble with noradrenergic meds is that they tend to make anxiety worse if there's nothing to counteract

that (SSRI, benzo, AP). Ramping up on Effexor should put fully-functional serotonin maintenance in place

before the NA has a chance to ding around with any anxiety.

Archived