CrazyBoards.org

Diarrhea from paxil

I recently went on Paxil CR and have had to quit it suddenly. I was on regular paxil some 5 years ago and had to stop because of diarreah. My pdoc suggested I try the new Paxil CR because it was supposed to be less hard on the GI tract than regular paxil. Well let me say I now know what the difference is between regular diarreah and explosive diarreah! With exploding bowels there is no waiting for a toilet you either go or blastoff out the anal area. Believe me! I was only on the paxil cr for 2 weeks so I figure stopping it abruptly is OK. What do you think? I've definately been expirencing some mild withdrawl. I 've called my pdoc's voice mail and told her this. I"ve asked to be put on elival because I have been on TCA's in the past with mixed return and they tend to constipate me. Alot better than the other. Oh Shit!!! Literlly

I recently went on Paxil CR and have had to quit it suddenly. I was on regular paxil some 5 years ago and had to stop because of diarreah. My pdoc suggested I try the new Paxil CR because it was supposed to be less hard on the GI tract than regular paxil. Well let me say I now know what the difference is between regular diarreah and explosive diarreah! With exploding bowels there is no waiting for a toilet you either go or blastoff out the anal area. Believe me! I was only on the paxil cr for 2 weeks so I figure stopping it abruptly is OK. What do you think? I've definately been expirencing some mild withdrawl. I 've called my pdoc's voice mail and told her this. I"ve asked to be put on elival because I have been on TCA's in the past with mixed return and they tend to constipate me. Alot better than the other. Oh Shit!!! Literlly

This side effect may pass with time. Your options really are to either stick it out for a few weeks, or to talk with your dr about changing meds. Zoloft, Prozac or Lexapro might be options worth discussing unless of course you have been on them all and they all sucked.

Archived