CrazyBoards.org

Tianeptine - an SSRE

Tianeptine, tradename, Stablon.....does anyone know where I can get this selective seratonin enhancer for cheap?  The antiaging system website seems a bit expensive.  Basically it's 120.00 for a month's supply.  And you would have to keep ordering it every month since they only send you a months supply at a time.

Why are you so dead-set on this med?  Is there nothing available legaly in the US that works for you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may be wrong, but I don't think there any other serotonin uptake enhancers available in the US.

Any suggestions other than bupropion and/or amphetamines for raising NA+DA without raising

serotonin as much or more in the bargain?

Anyway, I don't think beastie080 is actually on tianeptine, because IAS is currently out-of-stock.

It's pretty sure its not been approved for use in the US.

Bestie has asked about it several times, hence my question.

As far as meds other than Wellbutrin. which increase DA and/or NA without touching 5HTP, there's Strattera, Provigil, and all the CNS stimulants.  Some of the anit-parkinsons meds might also be worth investigating.

It's pretty sure its not been approved for use in the US.

Bestie has asked about it several times, hence my question.

There's been some current talk about it over on Psycho-Babble, and the HedWeb sites talk it up

as  a relatively clean feel-good drug. Does it work as an antidepressant? The clinical trials, and my experience with it says yes.  Is it all that and a bag of chips? Not really, no.

With the low side-effects profile and the sky-high

LD50, it would probably work for mild depression in place of the OTC herbals (safer too).

As far as meds other than Wellbutrin. which increase DA and/or NA without touching 5HTP, there's Strattera, Provigil, and all the CNS stimulants.  Some of the anti-parkinsons meds might also be worth investigating.

You asked about "legally available" so, strictly speaking, the catch is increasing both vs. 5HTP

with a drug legally approved for depression. i.e, Ritalin is out, the noradrenergics Strattera and

Provigil are out, the dopamine agonists are out, even selegiline which increases both but isn't

approved for the use is out. Once you and your doctor go off-label, the ADD meds +

anti-Parkinsons or anti-Alzheimers meds should help most atypical depressives - probably

far more effectively than tianeptine at any dose.

But I was also asking in case you did know of a good NA+DA single medication other than

bupropion and the stimulants. A personal interest, that.

From the Patents page at Vela Pharmaceuticals Inc.:

Tianeptine: US Patent No. 6,683,072 Compositions and Methods for Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Nonulcer Dyspepsia This patent describes the use of a large class of compounds related to tianeptine, including tianeptine itself, that can be used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and nonulcer dyspepsia. The compounds can be administered in doses of from 1 mg/day to 2000 mg/day.

Vela Pharmaceuticals is based in New Jersey and specializes in rediscovering drugs that were tested for the wrong indication or the wrong doses or were developed in Eastern Bloc countries during the Cold War like tofisopam was.

Archived