CrazyBoards.org

Hey guys. I am totally new here and don't want to sound dumb, so I will make this brief.

I was on Cymbalta for about a month, had been on every freakin' SSRI you can think of and none of them  had worked too well. Well, the Cymbalta (or ONE of my meds) made me very hungry! So now I am on Wellbutrin XL (the only one I hadn't tried) for the effect of weight loss. Gained 15 lbs since I went off Topamax for the same effect (it made me too moody).

Anyone had a good experience with Wellbutrin? Weight loss etc? I read on the main page that it works your liver pretty hard. I am about to turn 21 and want to drink like I have been! (I drink every weekend). Of course I don't want seizures. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Claire

If you drink heavily on Wellbutrin you can get some nasty hangovers with lots of anxiety.  The seizure risk thing is only a major problem if you're predisposed to seizures to begin with.  Since it's your birthday, I assume you're going to be around other people who will keep an eye on you and call 911 in the unlikely event that you start flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water.  Have fun but be ready for an "I told you so" if you come here the next day complaining that you feel like death on a platter.

Happy Birthday.

Thanks ;)

My therapist thinks it makes me too anxious so I might go off it...had a nasty weekend...lots of upset  and anxious feelings.  Thinking about going off ADs altogether. I have been on them since 15 and none of them worked too well, but now we're not even sure if I need one...

Guess I could try it!

Claire

Hey there ;)   I went to Wellbutrin when I was 21, go figure.  I was on Paxil for a year and gained 20 lbs.  Well I began at 150 mg and never felt better.  It mad eme have energy like crazy.  I was running and working out all the time.  It supressed my appetite and I lost 25 lbs total in 4 months.  I was of average weight.  But it eventually drove me  to bad anxiety.  but give it a go.

Archived