CrazyBoards.org

What about Meeeeeeeeeeee?

Hi, I'm old from the other posting board that my spaz brain had a hard time navigating.

I'm a bipolar mental health professional.  Though in treatment since age 17, I didn't get diagnosed correctly until age 28 so I used my hypomania to get a grad degree and medicated myself with alcohol.  I have many sober years in AA since getting the dreaded label of "bipolar bimbo". 

I get mixed states when real sick and have had several rounds with the old ECT to break them.  I am living proof you will forget where you put your phone book daily but not a conversation you had 20 years ago (verbatim) or any current transgression of another, and/or people I may hate on TV.  Currently, David Caruso and Bill O'Reilly...you can make the connection.

I have moved around the US a lot so I have experience in obtaining mental health care here, there and everywhere.  I live in a rural part of the US now...(after watching the towers drop in my home town of NYC) ...less stress, psych care from hell.  My dr. hates me, I hate him and he is seriously the only one in 100 mile radius.

Nice to be here.

crazykatie,

hi crazykatie. hey wow. me too. hypomania got me through grad school too. through a master's and about two thirds of a phd and led me to a drinking problem from self-medicating.

i upped and moved to new zealand for my phd. the four worst years of my life. utter hell. beyond hell. it was so bad.

i started seeing counsellors when i was about 22. fucking useless. finally i went to my gp (a new one cos i was so embarassed) and said 'i have depression'. he took one look at me and said 'no kidding'. and here i thought i was being all upbeat. lol.

cept i'm sure now that i'm bpII. i'm manic right now and posting like a madman.

so. glad that you're here.

grouse.

Archived