CrazyBoards.org

Brain vs. hands: Lamictal pain hell

Welcome CJ2!

I don't have anything to relate to you, but  WileyCat has had a lot of pain problems from Lamictal and previous injuries.  You might read some of her posts and or PM her.

Two weeks of Lamictal, cold turkey, doesn't seem like much of a trial, considering it takes 5 -6 weeks to ramp up. Have you gotten a second opinion from another Pdoc?

As for as job potentials, could you become one of those artists who paint with their feet? ;) Just joking, hope you feel better.    A.M.

Guest wileycat

Beat me the punch. Nice. ;)

I told the nurse today that I wasn't liking the Lamictal for the extra pain and headaches. No one seems to believe that I guess. But I believe it since I know other people have this problem.

Anyway, she told me (or rather reminded me) to take it at night and not in the morning with my mother med, Wellbutrin. She thinks it might be better that way though I don't know. I think the stuff is lodging itself in my muscles and joints - that's how it feels.

But I am going to give it one more try. One thing I thought might help though is I am going to make a point of religiously taking my Magnesium Malate supplement 3x daily. This is supposed to help fibromyalgia. I am also going to take a little extra MSM and Glucosamine and Chondroiton and see if it helps.

I thought it had gone away and then it came back. It is NOT the same pain I have usually. One day I took it late  in the afternoon and two hours later, I was in the grocery store and started to get this extreme muscle pain in my right neck and shoulder where I usually do not have severe pain. And then came a migraine like headache.

Thank you all for your help. I feel less crazy already because, indeed, based on your feedback, Lamictal might make muscles more susceptible to injury, and / or amplify perception of pain. (Attention all doctors

Everyone:  Thank you.  This is good.  I have printed out a list of questions to ask my pdoc this week. And a list of alternative mood stabilizers.

As for antipsychotics, are there any that don't make you dumber than George Bush on a bad day? The ones I have tried gave me

Archived