CrazyBoards.org

Help - I fell on my ass and it really hurts...

So moving a couch down some some stairs about four days ago and I slipped and fell really hard right on my tailbone. It still really really fucking hurts - any advice? Can a doc even do anything if I have severly brused/broken it?

Ouchie.

Ouchy ouch ouch ouch.  May I suggest a trip to the ER?  They can check it out and make sure nothing's broken.  Barring a crunched tailbone, they'll probably tell you to get a donut and hop you up on painkillers.  I've fallen on mine a couple of times in the past...I  know it hurts like a muther.

Halo -

If the pain continues, and especially if there's bruising, an x-ray might not be out of order.  I second Ella's suggestion: get a donut (that's a special foam cushion, not a pastry -- see if they have them at the local drugstore) and pain killers.

Also, it mightn't hurt to have your lower lumbar checked out at the same time.  A few years ago I tripped on a cord and landed on my bum - no pain - but within a week I could not stand, and had to be hefted away to the hospital on a stretcher and anesthetized just so i could unbend.  Chronic back pain followed, ending with a lumbar discectomy two years later.  Object lesson: Don't shrug this off.  We feel pain for a reason.  It's a warning system.

Take care of yourself.

Cerberus

You've always wondered what people meant when they said they had their ass in a sling?        ;)

If you broke your cocyx there is anything to do other than pain killers and the previous donut.

"Pride goeth before the fall".

A.M.

Oh yeah, I did this once - I fell off a ladder and landed directly on a well placed rock. A tail bone bullseye. It took 2 full months to heal, and I was the "butt" (sorry, couldn't resist) of many ass jokes for quite some time therafter.

I would just go have it checked out. That way if you do have a problem you aren't delaying any therepy that might help it heal quicker.

Sorry to hear about your mishap Halo. I hope you heal quickly.

Martin

I second Ella's suggestion: get a donut (that's a special foam cushion, not a pastry -- see if they have them at the local drugstore)
;) I see how my suggestion might've caused a little confusion...  But if you like doughnuts, maybe having one or two would also make you feel better.  I recommend Krispy Kreme's strawberry shortcake variety.

Making a doc appt for tomorrow - thanks all

I'm glad you were able to get a quick appointment!  I hope your ass heals quickly, too.

• 1 month later...

Archived