CrazyBoards.org

Then there was light and now my life is a mess

I was finally diagnosed with BP and now a lot of my screwed up life makes more sense.  I have been trying to tell people from my past, sorry, I am totally nuts.  So, that is helping with the past stuff.  But mainly my concerns are more seflish.  Will I ever be in a healthy relationship?  I think that my disease has totally screwed up my maturing process.  So, now I have no idea how to carry on  healthy relationships with people.  I mean I am actually starting to care about other people  rather than worry if they care about me or not.  But I am like a five year old child who has finally realized that other people have feelings too.

Does anyone out there have any advice on repairing the damage and getting into healthy, loving relationships in the aftermath of a decade or so of untreated BP? ;)

the only advice i can give you is not to give up on a friendship, at first it may take a lot of effort, i mean a lot. it will get easier with time.  like most bp i have lost friends due to my mood swings either i totaly drive them crazy or i push them away.  sadly i have only two or three friends now.  they have been there for me and i try to be there for them. the hardest thing i think is taking the first step.

keep your head up and keep pushing forward.  i hope things get better for you.  this board is also a great support group.  so please feel freee to share your feelings

michael.lee

Archived