CrazyBoards.org

runaway bride

Just wondering what everyone thinks of the runaway bride.  Do you think she is Bipolar?  I was just watching her interview on TV.  She is currently in an inpatient facility.  She refused to state a specific diagnosis.  I think it sounds like bipolar.  She said she has been like this all her life, and this was the last straw that finally forced her to get help.  Of course, many people say she is selfish, and one guy even called her a "disgusting human being."  Typical description of bipolar antics.  What do you think?

Guest wileycat

Is that on CNN tonight? If so, they will rerun it at 2 in the morning or something.

Dr. Sanjay pointed out, based on her picture, that she my have Graves Disease, which is a thyroid condition that will make a the whites above the iris show, whereas on normal people, it doesn't or doesn't show quite that much. It may contribute to her emotional problems but doubt that or bipolar would have caused this.

It was just so premeditated - not like she just decided to start walking to Disney Land in her bare feet one day from Kansas. She bought that bus ticket a week earlier.

It almost seems more like a borderline personality disorder type thing - pushing the poor guy to see how much he loved her, if he would stand by her. Who knows really...that's just my theory.

Oh, oh...I think they are finding out that BPD often overlpas with BP.

I only heard about 1 minute of the interview and found her voice and mannerisms incredibly annoying, so I don't plan to listen to any more.

- She obviously has emotional problems of some sort, but there was absolutely nothing legally wrong with her leaving.  Her "criminal offense" occured only from 1 a.m to 4 a.m. Mountain time on the day she turned up. That was the only time she made false statements about being kidnapped etcetera. She committed no other crimes.  Everybody else who went to general quarters and turned out hundreds of people did so at their own decision and she is not responsible for their assumptions.    It wasn't the smartest thing to leave without saying something to somebody, but it is her right.

- I find it hilarious and the height of hypocrisy to listen to CNN et. al. rail about how despicable she is. They hyped this for all the money they could make.  They are the ones who turned it into a three ring circus.  And now they are making another circus villifying her.    In any other day and age this would have played out over the same 3 days and she would have turned up sheepish and no one outside of her little town would have heard of it.  Amber alerts, missing children are not about the subjects, its about advertising and hype.

- A 600 person wedding is NOT planned for the bride and groom, it's all about the parents. Talk about pressure. She may be the only one with common sense in those two families.

A.M.

She's been in the inpatient facility for six weeks (I couldn't resist watching because I just wanted to see how the poor guy reacted to everything), so clearly she has some serious issues that she's facing.  When Katie Couric asked her is she was depressed or what (she listed a couple of other things), she said "everything".  Complex MI issues. I just hope she's not trying to make money off of it, which the press has recently claimed.  Yuck!  ;)

Jadegreendiva

Well, since we (I) am gossiping, I just read another bit of background on her escapade.

She is thirty something years old, had a job, but her mom controlled all her bank accounts and gave her money.  She only had about $40 in cash when she decided to run. To get the money for the tickets she had to cash a rebate on her cell phone and scraped up $100 from an old bank account that she closed.  There is definitely lots more to her troubles and past than we know.

A.M.

Archived