CrazyBoards.org

My ex-hubby

My ex-hubby have been seperated/divorced for about 3 years now.  When we were married he loved me to the point of obsession and controlled every aspect of my life.  To the point that when I walked down the street I had to keep my eyes on the ground because god forbid I glanced at another man.  Anyway I couldn't take it anymore and ended it.

We have still remained friends (sorta) since the split but only because I bend to his every whim (still) to avoid a fight.  When we fight it really gets ugly and we have 2 children together (which we have joint custody of) and that's not good for them.  So I try to keep the peace.

He has been out of work since Dec '04 and has recently reinjured his back to the point of surgery.  I have Medicaid for myself and my girls.  They will not give him Medicaid because he does not have a qualifying child to put on his case.  He wants me to drop my oldest child off my case so he can use her.  But that will screw my Medicaid and my food stamps up.  He is SOOO pissed that I won't do it.

My thing is why should I screw myself to help this bastard.  He should have had a job and by now he would have insurance to cover his medical problems.  I told him flat out that I could not and would not help him with this, it's his problem.  This is gonna cause a war.  He went on about how if I were in his shoes and he was standing in my way things would be different.  BLAH BLAH BLAH  I told him flat out that I didn't want to discuss it anymore and that if he wanted to start something that I would be the one to end it.  I will fight for full custody and win with the backing of HIS parents and the fact that he can't take care of them.

Why the fuck do I put up with his shit?  And people wonder why the hell I'm depressed and seeking therapy!!

Thank you for listening to my rant.  Sorry it was so long but I just needed to vent.

Crazymel,

Sorry you have to go through this. I have been there. I am going to assume that since you are food stamps and medicaid that he is not providing any support.

So, if it was me, I would mention the fact that he is not keeping up his half as a parent. You have full responsibilty and you did what you had to do to take care of your children. He's a grown man and can take care of himself.

Hope all works out with you.

Crazymel,

Sorry you have to go through this. I have been there. I am going to assume that since you are food stamps and medicaid that he is not providing any support.

So, if it was me, I would mention the fact that he is not keeping up his half as a parent. You have full responsibilty and you did what you had to do to take care of your children. He's a grown man and can take care of himself.

Hope all works out with you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your assumptions are sooo correct.  His parents even have to provide food for my girls when they are at his house.  I think I just need to get full custody and be done with it.

Let's see....

Risk losing your Medicaid?

Jeopardize your mental health, which requires lifelong treatment, without which you may be unable to effectively conduct your life and care for your children?

Split up your children and treat them like ping pong balls?

hmmmm.    Not bloody likely. 

A.M.

Archived