CrazyBoards.org

I don't get it!

I took Adderral XR about 2 yrs ago for ADD.  15 mg. to start-- it worked GREAT for 4 days!  I was a completely different person-- I could concentrate, I was sleeping better, I was RELAXED-- the noise in my head was gone!  I had no idea the difference this drug could make for me-- then it all went wonky--- I started having tremors, anxiety, fatigue, focus was gone--- didn't matter if I adjusted the dose- I had all the negative side effects and none of the positive.  I would love to try this again, or possibly strattera-- if you can tell me what might have gone wrong.

I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and am currently on Armour thyroid for that.  This has helped somewhat with the ADD stuff, but only a little bit. 

It worked for about 4 days, which coincidentally is when I started on my birth control pills (I was on my placebo week when I started the adderall)  -- I don't know if this is part of the problem, but things got progressively worse from there-- I tried different dosages, taking the XR twice a day instead of once, etc.etc.etc.... I am now OFF the birth control pills (even after going off the adderall they seemed to be giving me more and more problems every month) and I am considering trying Adderall or strattera, or something else now that a variable has been removed.  But I want it to work right this time! ;) I started having tremors, extreme fatigue, lack of focus, (or hyperfocusing sometimes) anxiety, (even on doses as low as 15mg) the white noise in my head was back--but none of the positive stuff...was I taking too much?  I'm thinking of going to 10mg, or even 5mg, and adding L-Tyrosine-- ??

One of the most wonderful things I noticed when it worked was that I seemed to sleep better--- I would wake in the morning feeling great! I jumped out of bed bright eyed at 7 am and did an hour of yoga one morning!  I always wake feeling like I've been hit by a truck....  and I have to struggle to make myself do thirty minutes of yoga most days.. so this was GREAT!  I miss it terribly. 

any insight you can give will be greatly appreciated. 

Oh, something else that happened, I started having acne problems-- then they put me on Wellbutrin in addition and it got worse... That's why I'm wondering if I was on too much-- I looked like a crack junkie. problem is, I've been off the meds for a year and off the birth control for about 7 months, and I can't get rid of the acne.  ???

Oh, something else that happened, I started having acne problems-- then they put me on Wellbutrin in addition and it got worse... That's why I'm wondering if I was on too much-- I looked like a crack junkie. problem is, I've been off the meds for a year and off the birth control for about 7 months, and I can't get rid of the acne.  ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's odd, seeing as birth control pills are often used for acne.

Oh wait, the Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Just The Facts page says that the progestin in some birth control pills can do that.

Combination birth control pills contain two types of hormones, estrogen and progestin. Most of the currently available birth control pills contain the same estrogen, ethinyl estradiol, but differ in the type of progestin.

The progestin in some birth control pills may cause unpleasant effects such as fluid retention, breast swelling and tenderness and acne. However, not all progestins trigger these effects to the same degree, making it important for a woman to pay close attention to the type of progestin in her birth control pill. For example, norgestimate, a newer progestin contained in [url="http://www.orthotri-cyclen.com/about/pi.html"]ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN

Strattera has been super helpful for sleep regulation and depression, though not much in the attention department.

I tried Wellbutrin recently asnd it made me really pissy and hard to get along with, so I quit.

I haven't tried any true stims, but Strattera has been great for the above.

pigs

Maybe you should be taking 10mg? There's a lot of variation with this stuff. With the generic regular, 15mg is as much as I can deal with, I think. But I know a guy approximately my size and age who takes 60mg at a time.

Archived