email notification reply problems

The usual reason for not receiving emails is to not have subscribed properly. My response will try to help you make sure that the obvious doesn't apply. If you're set up correctly and still not receiving email notifications, double-check that your email address has been entered correctly and that you aren't bouncing the messages as spam, then yell (nicely) at Velvet Elvis.

Try going to My Controls>(Subscriptions) View Topics, and see what the menu box under the list of your subscribed topics says. Is it set to "No Email Notification" "Immediate Email Notification" "Delayed Email Notification" "Daily Email Digest" or "Weekly Email Digest"? Are the topics you have subscribed to even listed on that page? If they are, try selecting the little check mark box to the right of all your topics, then select a notification option from the menu at the bottom and click the "with selected" button to finalize the changes.

If you were subscribed under the wrong notification frequency (say, weekly digest instead of immediate notification), that should fix things. It's easy to accidentally subscribe to the wrong frequency, then wonder why the hell you aren't getting notifications as posts are made. I've done it once. ;)

If you find you aren't subscribed to anything at all, could you describe how you tried to subscribe initially? The more details we have to identify software bugs, the better.

The usual reason for not receiving emails is to not have subscribed properly. My response will try to help you make sure that the obvious doesn't apply. If you're set up correctly and still not receiving email notifications, double-check that your email address has been entered correctly and that you aren't bouncing the messages as spam, then yell (nicely) at Velvet Elvis.

Try going to My Controls>(Subscriptions) View Topics, and see what the menu box under the list of your subscribed topics says. Is it set to "No Email Notification" "Immediate Email Notification" "Delayed Email Notification" "Daily Email Digest" or "Weekly Email Digest"? Are the topics you have subscribed to even listed on that page? If they are, try selecting the little check mark box to the right of all your topics, then select a notification option from the menu at the bottom and click the "with selected" button to finalize the changes.

If you were subscribed under the wrong notification frequency (say, weekly digest instead of immediate notification), that should fix things. It's easy to accidentally subscribe to the wrong frequency, then wonder why the hell you aren't getting notifications as posts are made. I've done it once. ;)

If you find you aren't subscribed to anything at all, could you describe how you tried to subscribe initially? The more details we have to identify software bugs, the better.

i saw it was listed as "unsubscribe" so i highlighted immediate email notification, then hit "with selected items", then i checked it again and it still said unsubscribe...hmmm

Archived