Favorite exercises for fat people? What's yours?

For those of you who have found an exercise that you like and have stuck with, what is your fave? I have taken karate classes, hip hop dance classes, cardio karate, and I have walked miles and miles. I was in the best shape I'd ever been in while I was taking karate classes. I beliee I took about 2 1/2 years of lessons until I got preg with my youngest child. I took the hip hop dance classes this spring for 4 months and although I felt myself doing better as far as being less out of breath but I was still the same size. I lost NO weight at all and I was dripping wet with sweat at the end of each class.

I want to sign up for dance classes again. I liked the hip hop classes but there is also an adult beginner tap dancing class. I have always wanted to learn to tap dance and it wasn't possible when I was a kid. What to do, what to do... There's also an adult beginner ballet class, but the dress code requires tights and a leotard. Other than dance shoes, that is it. You will NOT catch me wearing that.

Anyone exercise??

Well, I do---but first I want to know WHAT you are doing up at 4:00 am, young lady? heh

I decided to go with walking. It's free, available, and I can do it every day. I think the key with exercise having a real effect on your health is to do something every day. The docs all say 30 minutes a day, which isn't a lot out of 24 hours.

Your dancing sounds like fun. I always wanted to learn to tap dance, too. You should pick the one that appeals to you the most. And NOT the one with leotards! I'm with you on THAT! Sweats, yes. Leotards, no!

Keep at it, Donna. If you do it long enough and consistently, it will make a difference. I'm only losing a pound every other week, or every 3 weeks....but it beats gaining.

olga

Water aerobics. I keep threatening to go back. I really really liked it when I went for several months. Then I got a job and had to quit the class.

I was walking every day for a while, but now it's too beastly hot, and my knees hurt. ;;;whine, whine:::

i go to gym and do dance classes.

dancing is fun i like it a lot. we do all different routines to different styles so i get a mix.

gym isnt as fun, and the air conditioning there is always freezing, even when i am sweating. so i constantly get a cold from having a chill plus my meds when ever i change them or get stressed i get the flu. but thats a whole other story!

i've lost 10kgs since may (22lbs) that was all what i call "med fat" brought on by taking meds and being fat and lazy zombie on them.

i am on this new program with my doc for people with eating disorders so i am hoping to start regular excerise again with that.

i am going to try cardio boxing tomorrow. tonight will be squats, and sit ups. must lose this pot- belly!!!!

I'm still looking for something that I'll actually do.

What I really want is one of those old fashioned swing sets that used to be in parks. Heavy metal poles, heavy chains and wood seats. I used to love swinging. I can't sit in the sling seats they use now and I'm way too big for kids sets. Dh thought I was kidding when I asked him to build one for me.

raven

i doubt you're the type into club dancing and you're probably better off with something the other ladies have described, like formal belly dancing, but i love to go out and just stay out there to every single song and give it my enthusiasm. at first my dancing sucked but now i'm good and i see others trying to dance like i do. i am caked with sweat so badly that i don't bother to wear even eye makeup anymore. i dance to exhaustion. people look at me like i'm on rocks or something when i just stay out there, song after song.

my back and abs pay for it for the next few days, but i never have so much fun. it keeps me in good shape and i don't even realize that i'm working so hard. i limp to my car at 2am. i've had the same boots for 5 years (and do need new ones i guess)! lol

i also walk.

EDIT- i took tap and ballet when i was a little kid. my mom made me. i didn't like either. i guess i would have been better at the tap if i'd been a bit older, because the routines were for the older kids in my class, and i was the youngest. maybe it is more fun for grown-ups. but come on, we need pics of you in the hat!

i doubt you're the type into club dancing and you're probably better off with something the other ladies have described, like formal belly dancing, but i love to go out and just stay out there to every single song and give it my enthusiasm.

Hey, loon, are you trying to say I'm too OLD for club dancing??? ;) We don't have clubs like they have in the bigger cities, but we have a few bars that have bands or dj's and I'm right in there with all the younger women, shaking what I've got.

I'd really like to stay with hip-hop dancing because the instructor is so nice to look at, heheheh, plus it is a GREAT workout. I'd really also love to do the tapdancing but time constraints may be against me. I've got to check the schedule again...

Archived