Bioplar Struggles

Hello all .. i am a 29 year old male diagnoised with bipolar type 1 , adhd,panic disorder+agrophobia

I currently take

1000 MG of depakote er

10 MG of zyprexa

50 MG of paxil

and i chew clonazepams like its candy ...

anyone else feel like when you have ya panic attacks its always when ya all over the place and such ... and ya feel like ya have no control ... and nothing makes sense and then ya chest hurts feels like its a heart attack and ya whole body hurts as well

Yes i think all the symptons are nothing to enjoy either.. I guess what upsets me the most since i am bipolar type 1 i see thing and hear voices they wanna test me for schito ... I would rather them just treat the symptons then toss yet another label at me..

Is it me am i alone in this .... or does almost everyone when they sit down with the doc or shrink or cna which ever we seee ... and there so quick to toss a new med at us and a brand spankin new diagnosis to add to our chart ... i sware its like theres a fire sales on conditions and labels when ya go to see your doc and shrink ..

I would much rather then just sit there work the problem this way instead of blowin me a bunch of noise well i cant give ya this pill or this treatment session. without us diagnosin your new condition ... to me thats a bunch of crap .... its like every day i go in there you meet a used car salesman from detroit thats selllin me a inpounded car that has 12 different owners ...

i hope i aint alone with this or not the only one that gets angry with his doc and shrink cause they wanna toss all these labels at me before they can just treat the damm condition with meds and therapy sessions ....

ya know if i got shot in the leg and i was bleedin with a big hole there also .... i dont see them sayin well sir we need to run tests on your leg to seee if your truly a vicitim of a gun shot wound I THINK NOT!!!

As sware we people that are seekin mental health its like we have to jump through alll these hurdles and such just to get on the right meds and such .... and there is never a highway option it has to be there way or find someone else...

And its no wonder 35 million people have no coverage and refuse mental treatment cause of the dance ya have to go through just to get the right mix

I understand some of your issues, because I face them myself. I've got an appointment to see a second shrink on monday, because my regular one wants to see "if he's thinking what I'm thinking, then we can try a few things." He didn't really care if I took my meds, so of course I didn't, and ended up a seriously paranoid recluse.

I find the whole process (I'm in this mess for 4 years now) quite agonizingly slow, and while I can sometimes trick myself by thinking "he's just being thorough," I'm mostly pissed at the way it all works.

I have the opposite problem with labels, really. I've never been told a name for my condition. I asked my first shrink, and he asked why I wanted a label. On the flipside, my family doctor and some of his interns, and two social workers, have thrown out a handful of names at me, but never someone with a real basis.

Stick with it, and be patient, even though it's hard. Eventually, your meds will improve your condition, whatever box you end up in.

Oh i plan on stickin with it I left one shrink that told me sure your bipolar type 1 thats just very pissed off ... umm know thats part of the psychosis/manic parts of me being me...

I have a good doc know .. she isnt one to jump on the bones with pills but what frosts my cookies sideways is that there all the same they either want me to go see someone else to get a different view on life or go through endless testing before more medication can be added to the new prognosis...

I would much rather sit down with my doc be like hay any changes sure this that and this however this isnt a perfect world.. Then i have them screamin at me to fill out the disability papers so they can do there assesments of me yee haw... Is it me or does it really push ya over the edge when people try to force your hand and tell you You are gonna do this ... i generaly have a "moment" then after that i need a new doc after i get out of the psyc ward ...

My last shrink after 4 sessions with me told me that i was to fucked up to even begin to help so she couldnt see me anymore....At least she didnt blow me shit about insurance she didnt like it cause i couldnt by her a hummer thats the truth ..

I sware we have the worst medical treatment options ..when it comes to people with bipolar disorder ... after doin some research you can do outpatient every day of the week or and only if you are being suicidal they will lock ya down ... so i just detroied my house painted my moms garage 20 colors set her car on fire and then kickd the door in to the gas station for a pepsi ... but nope wasnt suicidal they sent me home after 2 hours told me if i would sware and sign a paper statin i (your name) would not kill myself or anyone else ... i could go home cause they didnt want to be liable for me

irony sucks balls

I understand some of your issues, because I face them myself. I've got an appointment to see a second shrink on monday, because my regular one wants to see "if he's thinking what I'm thinking, then we can try a few things." He didn't really care if I took my meds, so of course I didn't, and ended up a seriously paranoid recluse.

I find the whole process (I'm in this mess for 4 years now) quite agonizingly slow, and while I can sometimes trick myself by thinking "he's just being thorough," I'm mostly pissed at the way it all works.

I have the opposite problem with labels, really. I've never been told a name for my condition. I asked my first shrink, and he asked why I wanted a label. On the flipside, my family doctor and some of his interns, and two social workers, have thrown out a handful of names at me, but never someone with a real basis.

Stick with it, and be patient, even though it's hard. Eventually, your meds will improve your condition, whatever box you end up in.

i just wanted to comment on your post ... why do we want a label cause its 1 damm thought that isnt racing through our heads and that is what the hell is wrong with me!!! thats why we need to know!

Archived