Oh How I Love Klonopin!

Hiya-

Sometimes I'm so broke I can't afford my prescriptions. That includes my Klonopin. During those times I am cut off, cold turkey, from my Klonopin and left to experience withdrawl and all the symptoms of anxiety that the klonopin was helping me to deal with.

Just the other day, I got a refill on my script. I'm in such heaven. I can't believe how much I was suffering without my Klonopin. There is no reason for anyone to have to feel that way.

loon

Yeah. Actually, for most people, being on benzos for more than a few weeks will cause a dependency such that when you withdraw, you will have high anxiety, and many other symptoms. I've been off steady Klonopin since January, and I went through a *lot* of effects. I can say that at this point, I do not suffer from anxiety, but it took a long time to adjust. One book I read about benzos said that the adjustment period after being completely off them can be as long as 18 months.

I'm perhaps biased, but I don't think anyone should be on Klonopin more than a few weeks unless they have severe seizures that are not responsive to other meds.

• 2 weeks later...

i noticed you're back! (((((((((jemini)))))))))))))

----My dear loon.... I totally understand... never had klonopin, but have been conservative with my xanax because i only have 30 per month at a low level of .25... I know your pain...

wishing you well

I really need to say so much. I wish I could just dump the contents of my completely non-verbal mind. Nebulous abstract conceptions indeed.

Instead, I'll just leave the most psychically attuned with this tidbit: the epidemic is coming.

On a more grounded note, um... carpentry is going good. Oh and I spoke to my father for the first time in 14 months, and tried to explain to him about Asperger's and autism. He commented early in the conversation how he wasn't "sure how it profited him" to be speaking to me, but otherwise it seemed good to be in touch. Sort of. Oh and when I pointed out that he'd spent less than 3 years living in the same house as me, he said well, yes there was the time he let me live with him when I was "9 or 14 or so". This was when I was 18-19, and graduated high school in the middle. Autistic much? Nah...

Ramble on. Sing that song. Peace out.

To clarify one point: my father denies that he has any traits of Asperger's. He also kept pointing out that there was never any mental illness in his family, despite the fact that his mother was bipolar, his brother was put in an institution at age 6 because he was violent and had never learned to speak, died there either at age 27 or age 16, depending on when my father tells the story, and his sister has Alzheimer's. Basically, for both my parents, the definition of mentally ill is "our son". That keeps them in the clear.\

And I should add some good items here, huh? Having some good rapport with my mother, amazingly, and learning a lot about each other. Also I attended UU church today, and went to the social action committee meeting, where I have volunteered to work on the website. Had a date yesterday that went quite well, which is nice. And I told my boss that I need to talk with him because I finally know what the neurological disorder is that has been giving me seizure-like symptoms and making me overload often and need to take days off or lie down for a few minutes, and he sounded happy to discuss. And I finally know why Klonopin was helping, though I'm working on yoga, meditation, vitamins, and audio/music therapy as ways to accomplish the same reduction of neural excitement. It's not working 100%, but it's helping a lot and I don't have the crazy fluctuations between dosages that I had on the Klonopin.

I want to calm down a bit, so my mother is making us some dinner. How pathetic is that? I cleaned the kitchen though. Yay! Minor household accomplishment.

I'm a little scattered, in case you're even more disoriented and can't tell.

Instead, I'll just leave the most psychically attuned with this tidbit: the epidemic is coming.

I am psychic. I take Klonopin. I "get" nothing.

You keep on shuckin' Jemini!

Breeze

Yeah Klonopin totally blinded my third eye. Big time. I did take one yesterday though, because, like, it was getting too bright. Know what I mean?

Archived