I think I just cycled

... or partially cycled... I think I have been hypomanic for the last month or so. I've just been terribly sick the last 3 days. It may have been food poisoning, or a virus or something, but I've been pinned down with a fever, and diarroah, the whole thing. Well, it's forced me to stop and sit still, take a couple of days off work, and looking back I have been racing around like a mad chook, working a lot, started a photograph course on top of that, irritable, sleeping less, spending money like crazy, racking up $500 worth of parking fines, feeling like I can do anything etc etc. I was getting a bit worried last week, wondering how I can pull the brakes on.

I haven't had a period of hypomania for two years maybe. I think I mistakenly thought it couldn't happen to me again; that I had left it behind. The upshot is that I've been producing some really good photos. My focus on my work has been quite good. In other parts of my life it has been shocking. My memory turned to shit. I kept forgetting where my car was, hence the parking fines. Don't feel depressed now though. Actually, feel really calm and relaxed. If I had of kept going I think I would have been in trouble!

Anyhow, now that I am laying around doing nothing I've downloaded a commodore 64 emulator for my computer. Does anyone else here remember this computer?? OMG I remember school holidays in my little country town, with nothing to do. My friends would come over everyday for 2 weeks and we'd play games on this computer like ALL DAY. I've just been playing boulderdash, and carmen sandiago, trying to get bubble bobble to work. This is soooooo cool!

HL-

It sounds to me like you did cycle back up. It happens. I hadn't had a cycle for about a year and then I found myself calling off of work, clubbing every night, and sleeping around. It happens!

Just let your pdoc know and you can get your meds figured out to stop this whole thing.

loon

Archived