CrazyBoards.org

Rapid cycling Please Explain

I have terrible anxiety and some depression. I just hooked up with a new therapist who made me journal and then hammered me questions and said that probably I am BP2. I just am messaging with a member on here who describes their anxiety as sometimes mild, then calm, then bad, then berserk etc. and also some depression which is me along with some hypomania symptoms. This person was told this is rapid cycling, so is it?? Is this constant shifting in anxiety in days or among days what you are talking about cycling? For me physical symptoms like dry heaves, nausea and headaches come and go in day and go away for a few days then cycle back, same for the depression and then the slightly up hypomanic shit and noise sensitivity stuff. I am soooo glad I am posting here as I feel like I have not learned anything for 5 years and now have some hope to get well rather than plan my suicide like I am doing right now. Please explain more those who understand this cycling thing and tell me if this is a form of it or I am just still a crazymeds idiot grabbing at straws.  Just trying to stay alive so thank you.......

Sounds like rapid cycling to me.  Or, technically, ultra-ultra-rapid cycling, which is going up and down in a matter of days or even hours.

I'm doing this right now.  It really freaking sucks.

Please don't harm yourself.  This too shall pass, as I keep telling myself...

That's exactly what it is.  As if the world doesn't move fast enough for us, we have to hyper-cycle (hey!  I like that!). 

I don't think the literature about bipolars is keeping up with what we really experience. 

Yes, the other people posting seem to have hit the nail on the head. It seems you suffer from some form of BP2 rapid cycling. I have BP1 rapid cycling, though my cycles go in longer time intervals than yours.

Most of all, I'm really happy you found our forum and can now relate to people who go through the same shit you are going through. It makes it so much easier, when you feel like a real freak and like the world can go fuck themselves and no one understands, to come here and have all these fellow nutjobs to relate to!

Archived