What is the Average Size of a American Women

Marilyn Monroe would be considered overweight by today's standards. She fluctuated between a size 14 and 18 dress! She was a healthy woman who didn't look fat to anyone.

It's important to stay real when setting goals and assessing your current state. Here are some facts that you should think about very seriously before getting on the diet roller coaster:

Women in America...

The average American woman is 5'4" tall and weighs 140 pounds.

The average American model is 5'11" tall and weighs 117 pounds.

Most fashion models are thinner than 98% of American women.

Four out of five American women say they're dissatisfied with the way they look.

On any given day, almost half of the women in the United States are on a diet.

Dieting is out of control in the United States...

Almost half of American children between first and third grades say they want to be thinner.

Four out of five ten-year-old children are afraid of being fat.

On any given day, one in four men are on a diet.

Half of our nine and ten-year-old girls say that being on a diet makes them feel better about themselves.

More than one out of three "normal dieters" progress to pathological dieting. One fourth of those will suffer from partial or full syndrome eating disorders.

Americans spend over forty billion dollars a year on dieting and diet related products.

Between five and ten million women and girls in the United States struggle with eating disorders and borderline conditions.

One million boys and men struggle with eating disorders and borderline conditions.

The number of people with eating disorders and borderline conditions is triple the number of people living with AIDS (664,921 people are living with AIDS).

Eating disorders affect at least three times as many people as schizophrenia does (2.2 million people are living with schizophrenia).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources: Crowther et al., 1992; Fairburn et al., 1993; Gordon, 1990; Hoek, 1995; Shisslak et al., 1995., US Department of Health

I tried to do the poll thing........... ;) didn't work

0-1

2-4

5-6

7-8

9-10

11-12

13-14

15-16

Other

I actually posted this because I am very curious...........I have been a 4. But over the last year I have been become and 5/6 a very tight 5/6 now. I don't blame the medication at all. because it's been two years or so on lexapro and no change.

I stopped exercise and drinking alcohol a little more and well as upping my calories. But I do believe since I stopped riding my bike (1hr) a night I have put on weight.

People still see me as thin. But when I look in the mirror a 5/6 is huge to me ( a tight 5/6) People say wow you have a nice figure.

I see my self as fat now. Not so lean and trim. I need to get back on my bike I feel awful. ;)

My boyfriend thinks I am crazy................he say's you must weigh a buck and change. But I know my body. I know what I can be. Fit and Healthy.

The older you get the more your metabolism slows. That doesn't help matters.

When I was "skinny" I was a size 14 and weighed 175 lbs. I had just gotten over a bad case of mono.....and remember I am 6' tall...I looked like total crap and felt even worse. Yeah..skinny doesn't mean HEALTHY.

Honestly I could stand to lose 40 lbs. I exercise an hour a day 6 days a week...I have cleaned up my act a lot when it comes to food...eating more fresh fruits and veggies, cut out refined carbs, etc... but the weight is not going away.

Even though the scale isn't moving, I am healthier than I have been in years. I can see that I am toning and I am losing inches even though the scale refuses to budge.

Don't get hung up on the size. If you FEEL unhealthy, go ahead and restart your exercise routine. Just don't starve yourself. And if your dress size stays the same, but you are feeling healthy, just relax and take those compliments you are getting!

I actually posted this because I am very curious...........I have been a 4. But over the last year I have been become and 5/6 a very tight 5/6 now. I don't blame the medication at all. because it's been two years or so on lexapro and no change.

I stopped exercise and drinking alcohol a little more and well as upping my calories. But I do believe since I stopped riding my bike (1hr) a night I have put on weight.

People still see me as thin. But when I look in the mirror a 5/6 is huge to me ( a tight 5/6) People say wow you have a nice figure.

I see my self as fat now. Not so lean and trim. I need to get back on my bike I feel awful. :)

My boyfriend thinks I am crazy................he say's you must weigh a buck and change. But I know my body. I know what I can be. Fit and Healthy.

Me too. Except change 'alcohol' to 'coffee' and '5/6' to '7/8' and I could have written your post!

I am almost exactly the statistical average you cited: I'm 5'5" 140 lbs. Which seems fine, except that I live in the midst of teeny tiny Asian girls and am Asian myself and therefore feel rather huge by comparison. I know I'm not huge in the grand scheme of things, but I FEEL huge compared to what I'm used to feeling like.

I was 125 pre-meds and pre-indoor job. And was as little as 115 when I was a competitive athlete. But I can't really blame the meds since, like you, the weight didn't come on til long after I had started Lexapro. I've been eating more veggies lately, cutting unnecessary simple carbs, paying attention to fiber intake, and part of my job has become outdoors again so hopefully some of the jiggles will go away!

In the meantime, luckily my boyfriend likes curves and softness ;) so at least my internal criticism is not echoed externally as well..... I totally need the "it's okay, I think you're sexy" kind of verbal support or I'd just end up giving up and hiding.

Sweetheart, nowhere in the universe is a girl who can even PUT ON a pair of 5/6 pants at all, in any way, fat. I can guarantee that if a pair of size 5 pants fits on your ass, you are not fat.

I don't mean that to sound at all patronizing. I'm just telling you that your boyfriend is completely right- you are not fat. It's so easy to look at models on tv and think that's what a woman is supposed to look like. Even if you consciously know better. To put it in a numbers game- how many women on television or in advertisements do you see compared to the number of real, average women in a day. Even if you know in a part of your head that it's fake, it's what your eyes get trained to see as a woman.

Here's a link about how fake they really are. I love that website. I think it's amazing (in a really horrible way). You scroll over the woman and it shows you what the picture looked like before it was touched up.

Those statistics you have are the ones that I've heard everywhere and that I used for the unit on body image and eating disorders that I did.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be fit- but a lot of people are fit and larger than a size 4. A size 4 is very slender. It's totally possible for that to be your natural weight- your "set point" or whatever- but it's still very slender. A size 6 is pretty slim, too. Size 8? Not at all fat. So get back up on the bike- excercise is good for you- but don't worry about your size.

i'm currently 5'4 and 120lbs, and i wear a size 4. i weigh anywhere from 115-140 or so at any given time, depending on my current eating dysfunction. like many women and men in america today, i have some form of eating dysfunction.

i'm currently as thin as i am because of my work schedule and stress. i do have a desk job and sit all day, but i'm still thin. when i had an active job running all over a large complex with a heavy cart to fix computers, i was 115. size 4 clothes were hanging off of me. the smallest i've been is a 0/2, and that was when i was on effexor and it was making me vomit.

my average hangs around a 6. i'm happy with that generally, unless the dysfunction gets into my head. i like being a size 6 (usually) because i can wear clothes cut for thinner and curvier figures and not look stupid in anything. i'm not (usually) ashamed of seeing myself naked or letting other people see me naked. i walk around the house naked all the time (with the blinds down of course!). i have some hip, stomach, and butt, but it is in curvy range and not obese or fat range, so i just let it go and wear my stretch pants if i want.

I'm 5'7" and finally down to a twelve.Twelve is excellent because I have always had the coke-bottle shape in the higher weights.Thank God I've always had a tiny waist. It's weird how one body part can blow up and the other can stay exactly as it was. Very strange.My goal is a ten or eight. No lower than an eight though or I'll look like a q-tip (big head skinny body) In high school I was a zero.(SO not attractive) In my twenties I was a 5. In my early thirties an 8 then (big intro here) at 35 I began taking SEROQUEL. I went up to a 16, hit 200 pounds and my doctor hit the panic button. I stopped the seroquel a while back and am now a twelve. I'll be glad to be back to my fighting weight soon. No worries about high blood pressure, diabetes, or heart attack(my Mom died of one.We tend to drop like flies from heart attacks.Even the non-drinking Irish of us). woo hoo!

and marilyn was freakin' gorgeous good stats LG

lilie

I love that site Becca!

I have to do stuff like that all the time. I actually had some realtor tell me "Make me look 10 years younger and 20 lbs lighter"

..and I did it.

I don't understand how they expect their clients to recognize them when they see this young skinny thing on their business card and their old fat self shows up. I can just imagine some someone going "Whooo! What the hell happened to you?!?!"

I love that website! so true! all of it is so touched up, those models only wish they looked so good lol

my boyfriend is a photographer and is an expert with photoshop. we were watching a commercial about the bowflex or some other exercise thing on cable one day, and this 50 year old lady was there telling us how she transformed herself and how great she felt and how wonderful she looked. it was clear she had fake breasts. but apart from that, he said that photoshop can actually be used on video! image enhancements can actually be made on video. i couldn't believe it. technology these days! so this 50 year old lady probably looked good for her age, but not like i do at 28 (they were trying to make her look 30 or something).

none of us should ever feel bad looking at these pictures.

geesh, monroe was such an icon, such a sex symbol and she still is, and she was never a "slender" woman! it is amazing that she'd be considered "fat" by our standards today. she doesn't look fat in her movies or pictures. i'm sure JFK didn't think she was fat! lol

Dress sizes were smaller during Marilyn's lifetime. What we call a size 12 (or larger, in European sizes) now would be something like a 5/6. She's certainly chubbier than today's emaciated models, but she wasn't a modern size 12, either.

Models now are what? Size two? My ex-roomie from long ago used to model and she was a 0....

5'6" size 14. ( don't know weight- refuse to step on a scale!)

I believe this is considered "average"for american women.

Its distressing to me because its the biggest i've been- though i guess if i'd been a 24 i'd be thrilled to be a 14. all about perspective. In my adult life i've worn anything from2-4 to 14-16. 2-4 is too skinny. 14-16 is too big. 6-8-10 was very comfortable.

oh how i wish this didn't matter.

Thanks Everyone for all the replies.

I think for me right now is to cut down on my calories and start riding my bike again. I do feel better after riding it.

I am 5'8 and as far a weight goes I stopped weighing myself along time ago.

I gauge my weight by my clothes size.

When I told my boyfriend that I thought I was so fat. He actually laughed...........And said you are not kidding are you? I said No I am not.

He said that is scary, very scary that you think you are fat. Go look in a mirror.

I am glad he likes my body. But I will be happy going down a size. Back to the bike. ;)

I've never understood US sizes b/c they seem so SMALL. Women who are a size 0?? How do they even stand up? Just did a trawl through some conversion sites and kind of figured it out. I'm a European size 34 which translates into a US size 5/6.

I'm 5'9".

And I hate my thighs and my ass. Everyone around me's on a mission to tell me I'm too thin at the moment and I just can't see it. ???

PS I'm not sure what size the average South African woman is. I don't think it's a fixed number but it's somewhere around a European 36-38, which is curvy but not at all fat. (US 10 - 12 I think) On the whole we're a pretty healthy country I think.. though it has been noted that obesity in children is getting out of hand. Obese children= obese adults = obsession with dieting and self denial instead of healthy exercise and healthy eating.

Wait a second LG honey you're 5'8" and you're a 5/6 and you think you're on the larger side? That's a little worrisome. Maybe talk to your pdoc. Have you heard of bdd?(body dysmorphic disorder but maybe for you in a milder sort of way) Maybe your mind is telling you something different from what you really look like. You sound just fine to me if a little on the lean side.

If Marilyn fluctuated between a 14 and 18 even in those days if those sizes really were smaller it would still mean that she'd be anywhere from a 5/6 to a 10/12 so she'd still be curvaceous on her larger days for her height. And if the stats were exactly correct and she really was a 14 to an 18 she was still gorgeous.

I liked being curvy it was the stupid high blood pressure and threats of diabetes or heart attack that scared the crap out of me when I was bigger. That and I couldn't afford to buy sexy larger clothes.

Oh yeah and when I was in high school I was 5'7" but weighed almost 90 pounds so I was a zero. The sizes may have changed since the 80's.

There's so much added hidden sugar in food that its not funny. One of the ways that I started losing weight was to not eat anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. Do you know how many foods have varieties of that crap in it? I was amazed. That's why these kids are having such a hard time (aside from the fact that a lot of schools don't have sports programs anymore) there's sugar and fat hidden everywhere. The labels seem to be in a foreign language if you don't know what to look for.

here's an article about fructose you wander around and find all the different names for high fructose corn syrup and articles about sugar and fat and stuff

http://www.mercola.com/2002/jan/5/fructose.htm

lilie

# Fructose is not metabolized the same as other sugars. Instead of being converted to glucose which the body uses, it is removed by the liver.

# Because it is metabolized by the liver, fructose does not cause the pancreas to release insulin the way it normally does. Fructose converts to fat more than any other sugar. This may be one of the reasons Americans continue to get fatter.

Well, hell. I bought a bag of fructose for my coffee, because I thought it was healthier than regular cane sugar. I read it somewhere. Now I don't know wtf to put in my coffee.

" One of the ways that I started losing weight was to not eat anything with high fructose corn syrup in it. Do you know how many foods have varieties of that crap in it? I was amazed."

I am finding this out now ;)

Bread...FREAKING WHOLE GRAIN BREAD...2nd ingredient? HFCS!!! I read 12 different labels on whole grain bread trying to find one without HFCS. I finally did but it was $3.50 a loaf!!!!

:)

Well, hell. I bought a bag of fructose for my coffee, because I thought it was healthier than regular cane sugar. I read it somewhere. Now I don't know wtf to put in my coffee.

IMO, fructose is better for you because it does not cause fluctuating blood sugar levels. When you eat sugar laden foods, you blood sugar goes up, the pancreas goes into action and sends out insulin to take care of the excess sugar, then your blood sugar plummets, making you sluggish and craving sweets. The difference between high-fructose corn syrup, sucrose, etc. and fructose is like the difference between white flour bread and stoneground whole wheat bread.

Check out this link about fructose: http://www.healthrecipes.com/fructose.htm

You're doing a good thing, libby

Bread...FREAKING WHOLE GRAIN BREAD...2nd ingredient? HFCS!!! I read 12 different labels on whole grain bread trying to find one without HFCS. I finally did but it was $3.50 a loaf!!!!

;)

Do you have a bread machine? Make your own! Whole wheat flour, water and yeast. Maybe a bit of salt and/or fructose if you want.

Yep, it's all perspective - I don't think I was a 5/6 when I was five or six years old! Always had to wear "chubby" girls sizes and was a tight 13 when I was in seventh grade. I'm 5'-4".

I believed everyone when they told me I was fat in high school, although I weighed 140 - 150 and wore a 14/16.

Now I really am fat and weigh around 300 and wear a 26/28. I've been this size for many years, after I gave up dieting since I seemed to lose thirty and gain fifty over and over again.

Despite my size I still am fairly active and like to hike and swim.

If anyone gives me any shit I tell them I'm a Sumo wrestler.

One day I won't be addicted to chocolate and then maybe some weight will come off.

As for our friend Marilyn, I've read who knows where that in today's dress sizes, she'd translate into a 10. That's a PERFECT 10! No one is saying that a 10 is fat! Well, maybe some loons (like me on my own dysfunctional body days, only about myself) say that it is fat, but no one else thinks so usually.

Everyone then thought, and still thinks, that she was hot. So why are we worried about a few pounds?

If the average American woman is a 12/14 or so and my height (5'4), then why are we starving ourselves and acting like idiots over it? We should just get some more exercise and eat more healthy foods, and if our bodies want to weigh less they will. I really do believe that our bodies have a set "weight" that they "want" to weigh, and that we will naturally grativate towards that weight, no matter what it is. It is genetic I think.

I look at my cats as examples. I have a cat, Widdle, who is a mother cat. She's 18lbs, large for a cat. Her son is Loki, about 16lbs, also large for a cat. They eat the same food and all as the smaller cats, and don't bully them smaller cats or try to get more than their share of the food. They eat the same. It seems that it is a matter of genetics.

I look at pictures of my great-grandmother and see genetics. She was a hard-working woman and spent her life milking cows. She was robust and healthy! She ate home-cooked bread that she baked herself and full fat dairy! But she was active. How could that be? It was just her stock.

I'm a "modern" woman obsessed with weight. I weigh within a large range at any given time, based on my own psychological interests at that time. It is unhealthy to think the way I often do. Right now I am a small size 5. My great-grandmother would probably sit me down at the table and make me eat!

Today in the lunch room at work a coworker commented on my outfit and said "oh, I could never wear that". My question to her was "why not?". She said she thought she was too fat. Too fat? She was maybe a 10. I told her to go to the store and buy it.

Loon

The reason I'm unhappy with my weight is that it's hard on my joints to be moving all this weight around. I weighed 100 lbs less when I was married 14 years ago. I felt good then. There have been other weights that I've felt good at. During those times I was active and exercising a lot. Now I'm a slug.

One good thing is that I don't look quite as heavy as I am. When I went to the doc a few weeks ago, the girl weighing me started at 150lbs, then had to move the slider to the end twice before she got my weight. When I was thin, the doc weighed me in his office and started at 110lbs. He kept going up, and up, and up, then asked me if I had rocks in my shoes. hehee At least I wear it well but am still bigger than I should be.

Ah, weight. I shouldn't even be commenting....I just polished off a dish of (low-fat) ice cream. :)

But it is frustrating. Latin Girl, I'm with everyone else here---if you're 5'8", staying a 5/6 will just get harder and harder as you get older. Unless you exercise fanatically, your body changes in your 30s and then 40s. We won't even TALK about the 50s!!! So, unless you starve yourself, it's natural as you get older to be a little heavier. And the weight redistributes on the body.

I'm 5'9", and was a size 10 my whole life---since my mid-20s. I quit smoking and put on 40 pounds. Can't blame it on meds......so I finally gave in and decided to exercise. ick But from a size 14-16, I'm back down to 12s, and I've lost 17 pounds so far. Very slowly, which is the only way to lose it. And I'm not dieting. We eat a low-fat diet anyway, and I just keep an eye on portion size and serve lots of veggies and fruits.

And if I walk my 3 miles, I can have a fudgsicle! ;) I believe in rewards!

I would almost be tempted to stay a size 12, except that I have 2 closets full of size 10 clothing. I just can't bear to part with all those suits and blazers and dresses and trousers and skirts. So I'm going to try and get most of the way back to where I was. (And no, being a 10 isn't skinny for me. My chest is in the low 40s and my hips are in the high 30s.....so even at my lowest weight, I have plenty of curves.)

It's hard, gang. I finally managed to quit smoking, but I can't seem to quit eating! Not that I want to---eating well can be a great pleasure. It's gluttony that gets us into trouble. heh

olga

Its distressing to me because its the biggest i've been- though i guess if i'd been a 24 i'd be thrilled to be a 14. all about perspective.

It is about perspective... my entire life I've naturally been pretty tiny (5'5" and anywhere from a size 3-7), but since I've started taking Paxil, I've gained about 15 pounds in the past month, which is a lot when you're small. Now I'm a solid size 9, and it's been bugging the HELL out of me. I've never worried about my weight in particular, but lately I have been a lot. I realize that, in reality, I probably don't look particularly bigger to anyone else, but that doesn't change how drastic the difference feels to me.

high fructose corn syrup? in EVERYTHING. it is my bane right now. i figured out that and highly processed white sugar are making my blood sugar react so badly. i do best with honey, actually.

anyway, i'm six foot even, and size maybe 12/14? i know my size in men's clothing. i wear a 34/32 to a 36/32. i used to have major body issues, but i rather like mine now - fifteen years of hard work later. and i'm forty pounds heavier than when i hated my body and thought it was too big. i'm keeping steady around 155 now. (let's all just picture six foot and 115 pounds... and that was my "heavier" weight. EW!!!)

i try really really hard to just enjoy eating healthy and being fit. but i have my moments of "oh my god i went up two inches everywhere!!!!" and then being confused when i looked in the mirror and couldn't find a morbidly obese slob. turns out the weight lifting was just paying off and my back had enough muscle to add inches (you could count ribs before!).

i know that at my work, boys and girls both are constantly worrying about their size. i'm now considered very abnormal (abinormal according to my sweet boyfriend) because i LIKE my size. i try explaining to the teen girls that they NEED some of the extra weight at their age and all of them have it for a reason and PLEASE don't diet til you get past this growth spurt. but they all think i'm insane for saying women are cuter with a little bit of a tummy than the very flat six pack look. (i actually took a poll of a good fifty or so guys and i think two said they preferred flat. so i mean it that guys like a bit of round better. it's sexy.)

people are just very unrealistic about what bodies are. what they do, how they work at all. i don't think most people are comfortable even understanding how the various systems interact. so no shock they have size confusion too. look at greek statues. short, curvy, big butts.

i recently read about carbs (i love carbs!!! i hate the anti carb thing. seems so unhealthy) that carbs create seratonin and help tell you when you are full. protein cancels this!! protein stops seratonin from being created and without that seratonin, one cannot percieve fullness. interesting huh?? it's not potatoes, but the meat with the potatoes!!

i'll see if i can find that website again. i stumbled across it two days ago and was pleased cuz it proved me right. i love being proven correct. i start with that assumption, so proof is nice ;)

anyway, i'll stop babbling.

abifae

yes grey purple and all of you- when i gained a few pounds on zyprexa (like you have gpb on paxil), i thought the world was coming to an end and i made my pnurse put me on topa and wb in high enough doses to cause weight loss. now that i've dieted and exercised and medicated away the few extra pounds, i wonder why i've been so silly. sure, i want to wear my clothes. i want to wear my size 4 and 6 clothes. but what is wrong with an 8, or a 10, or even more, especially if you're well on meds? if it weren't for those other side effects i'd march right back to him and get that zyprexa back...lol

this is a great discussion. it is very eye-opening. thank you ladies.

when oprah ran that marathon, she became my idol. she could weigh a ton and i'd still remember that marathon and admire that spirit! there are a lot of women who get out there and do it at all weights.curves and all, who has more spirit? we all love oprah.

right on SL! i used to run cross country in high school, so around 6-7 miles during practice and only 3.1 in meets, and i weighed a lot for me back then, which was about 140, wore a 12, and was always picked on about my "weight problem" in school. kids are so mean! i'm for healthy and strong at any weight.

EDIT- that's so great you've run in a marathon (or multiple ones?). i really admire that, no matter what you call the drive you need to be able to do it. that's great that you have the focus and spirit to carry it through!

I just wanted to chime in as a guy and tell you ladies that twigs like paris hilton are not attractive. We are taught that women like that are hot but I like to stare at butts and breasts. Its true I dont like stretch marks or fat guts on girls, but bones are not cool either. ;)

I just wanted to chime in as a guy and tell you ladies that twigs like paris hilton are not attractive. We are taught that women like that are hot but I like to stare at butts and breasts. Its true I dont like stretch marks or fat guts on girls, but bones are not cool either. ;)

Chicks have stretch marks. Suck it up or find a doll.

I promise not to get defensive about being attacked, especially since I'm new. I was trying to say its ok to be thick. Guys normally wont admit it but some meat is yummy on a girl. We just fear the stigma of being with a girl that is "obese"

I promise not to get defensive about being attacked, especially since I'm new. I was trying to say its ok to be thick. Guys normally wont admit it but some meat is yummy on a girl. We just fear the stigma of being with a girl that is "obese"

But you are saying a few different things here:

-You want the "butts and breasts"

-You don't want the "stretch marks" or "guts"

-You "fear the stigma of being with a girl that is 'obese'"

-"It's ok to be thick"

So- you want the shape without what naturally happens- if you have an ass, you might have a belly. You have tits, there is a chance you are going to have a stretch marks. A good deal of women have stretch marks because of this amazing thing called Puberty. Holy Shit No Way.

You are saying it's ok to be "thick". But is this only if other guys are with 'thick' girls? Not you?

Because you do to some extent buy into the stigma- which, by the way, is some sort of vicarious twisted mindset that I truly think is just an excuse to avoid saying "I'm not attracted to fat women.", which is usually because of the very stigmas which they claim to be effected by. [Not necessarily only in this specific case nor in all cases, but a good deal of the time.] So I kind of think you are full or at least half full of crap on this subject.

[And don't even start with stigma. A lot of us have the harsh effects of stigma coming out our asses.]

Things don't quite add up here.

[And don't even start with stigma. A lot of us have the harsh effects of stigma coming out our asses.]

And all this time I thought you had a tail.

That's what people are supposed to think. Insurance reasons.

you guys are too much!

yes, puberty was the spawn of satan, when suddenly my straight and very Hilton-like figure turned into this breasts/hips/ass kind of curvy-ness. suddenly the world wasn't the same. suddenly i was ashamed of the new me! i wasn't "fat" at all- i think i was wearing a size 3, but with all the other girls still being small girls, i felt out of place and "fat".

now, with stretch marks, holy cow- breasts, no way- a butt, and NEVER- a belly- i'm 28 and i think age will catch me one of these days!

if i wear a 6 (considered to be small/medium) and have these "horrible" stretch marks and breasts and an imperfect waistline, does this make me thick? i've actually been told i am before and i wonder about those people! lol

puberty is prime-time for stretch marks. we grow so fast it is impossible not to have them. the only way to remove them is with airbrushing. even my super-skinny cousin has stretch marks.

you've got to get used to that, the same way we had to make peace with our stretch marks. they turn clear after time and fade. but now i'm getting vericose veins! help! my figure is going through another trauma!

i didn't knwo who you were talking about so i had to look her up. she's pretty and not paris hilton or something. she probably has stretch marks! she's in good shape and seems like she eats what she cooks. no one is out of your age range. once you hit 18, everyone is fair game. my boyfriend is 49 lol

awww, that's sweet!

there's a writer in NYC i used to have the hugest crush on years ago who i actually wrote dirty email back and forth with. i mean full-on erotica.

btw- i had no idea who rachel ray was before today and i've never heard her voice. it is cool she wrote back!

he said he liked really skinny chicks, but i sent him pics of me, and he seemed to be turned on enough. maybe not all men are as shallow as they say they are.

when oprah ran that marathon, she became my idol. she could weigh a ton and i'd still remember that marathon and admire that spirit! there are a lot of women who get out there and do it at all weights.curves and all, who has more spirit? we all love oprah.

Right on.

And Rachael Ray is cute, too. And she's friends with Oprah.

he said he liked really skinny chicks, but i sent him pics of me, and he seemed to be turned on enough. maybe not all men are as shallow as they say they are.

you have to remember - men are brainwashed by media too. they figure they're attracted to what they are told to be attracted to. it isn't usually reality for them. but if asked, they say "i want thus and such" and it will be the media influenced answer. the truth is, most guys want a girl with curves. genetically and for the continuation of a species, it makes sense boys are attracted to girls who are obviously capable of giving birth lol - enough fat on the bones to not waste away while breastfeeding, and nice wide hips.

i know tons of guys who look at the skinny chicks in magazines and date girls who are "overweight" by today's standards, because what they think they want and what they actually want don't match.

just my thoughts on that. ;)

abifae

I having been riding my exercise bike for a few weeks.

I feel really, really good, More energy

I do 30-45 minutes a night depending how I feel (Thank God for my iPod) I have been watching what I eat

I cut back on all my calories but have not given up *anything*.

This weekend I am going to a wedding ( a Big Italian Wedding)

I need to lose a few more pounds. I heard Beyonce say she went on the *Lemonade Diet* for Dream Girls and she lost 10lbs in 2 weeks.

She said she wouldn't do it again.

But just for this one week I am going to do it. Today is the First Day, Wedding is on Sat.

I believe Riding my bike has given me energy and has toned up my legs. I love putting on my pencil skirts again and feeling super sexy~

Wish me luck!

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Beautycare-Venu...r_cleanser.html

Archived