Come on now

;) I HATE not sleeping. I get so dang tired and lay down and what happens. My whole body feels like I need to get up and run a marathon. I have trazadone but am by myself till next week with the kids so I can't even take one because it takes me forever to get going in the morning. So I started taking half a pill and it works but geez, what is wrong. I thought it would happen if I was stressed or something but it actually happens just out of no where. Like it happened last week for 3 nights straight then I was fine. Then it happened 2 nights ago. Any clue??

• 2 weeks later...

;) I HATE not sleeping. I get so dang tired and lay down and what happens. My whole body feels like I need to get up and run a marathon. I have trazadone but am by myself till next week with the kids so I can't even take one because it takes me forever to get going in the morning. So I started taking half a pill and it works but geez, what is wrong. I thought it would happen if I was stressed or something but it actually happens just out of no where. Like it happened last week for 3 nights straight then I was fine. Then it happened 2 nights ago. Any clue??

I know its a crappy bit of advice, but going to bed earlier and/or taking your med earlier will likely help you get up earlier in the morning.

If this has been going on for a while, it may be a residual effect from when it first started happening. Even if you aren't aware of being worried about not being able to sleep your body may have 'learned' to have an anxiety response.

But it's really hard to respond to your post without more specifics and there could be many different reasons for sleep problems. When you say your body feels like you need to get up and run a marathon, what do you mean exactly?

Do your muscles feel tense, like you need to stretch out? Is it your heart also? Does your mind feel energized or do you feel anxious? Is it a feeling of discomfort or just that you need to get up and move?

If you can sit down for a few minutes and try to describe exactly what it is that you are feeling and exactly what parts of your body are involved it can help you try to figure out what might be going on and what might help.

Also if you start keeping a sleep journal, it may help.

If you also include other things like what you eat, moods and general health, you would have a big picture of what is going on with your overall health and lifestyle. That could help you pinpoint other things that couldbe contributing to the difficulties falling asleep. Something that you change in the middle of the day might even help.

Also other people might be better able to give some ideas.

Archived