Well, the first step is to be very, very cautious in your identification with BPD. It's good to read what's out there and be pro-active in your treatment. But it's bad to self-diagnose. Actually, it's more like impossible.

Do you have a therapist? How long have you been seeing him/her? What are your current diagnoses? Whatever your symptoms are, it's important that they be discussed with your doctor and treated.

Whatever your diagnosis is, there is hope for you!

Yeah I'm with becca probably best not to self diagnose. I did that and thought I was unipolar for years. And the stupid assed doctors AGREED with me. Then couldn't understand why I was hypersexual, bankrupt,and psycho every time I took my antidepressants(they'd prescribed nothing else as adjuncts) and bcps

wait for your doc and try to hold on as best you can. Go to urgent care or the ER if it gets to be too much.

Blessings

lilie

if u cant see a doc and u really need to get some ease about your symptoms call those numbers like i dont know what they are called where u are but here in australia we have life line. its free call councelling. they wont try and dx you, but they will talk you through your unsettling thoughts and help you hang on til your docs appointment.

i have called them so many times it aint funny and they have always been really good, just to help me be calm.

dont self dx without even seeing a doc once. bpd is not something that should be given lightly. you really have to have a proper dx to know for sure.

good luck 2 u

Archived