How Much Risperdal Do You Take?

Hiya-

I'm at the point in my treatment where my pdoc has me on 2 mood stabilizers right now, along with Risperdal. I don't understand why, when Risp is approved for BP1 mania, I have to have a specific mood stabilizer for putting a ceiling on the mania.

so, here's my question. i want to know what levels of risperdal you are taking? what is normal? if i go to him and say that i want to rely on just risperdal as a ceiling for my mania, am i talking about a dose increase from 2.5mg? they claim on one of the websites i checked out that the average for a "low" dose is 3-4mg. is this the case? i've heard that for BP it is around what i take.

any thoughts? what do you take?

I take 2mg, and it's working pretty good for me. Keeps me pretty level, and I don't have too much trouble with side effects.

Last time I filled it, They gave me a box. On the side, there are dosing instructions, and it says 1-6mg once daily for bipolar disorder, and 1-16mg once or twice daily for schizophrenia (never more than 8mg at a time).

It is a pretty potent drug, so I wouldnt worry too much about how much you're taking. You are about mid-bipolar range, for what that's worth.

Archived