Glad you pinned the link. I have been recommending this site a lot lately...here as well as to RL friends who normally aren't depressive types. Watching regular network news can really get to anyone after a while. "If it bleeds it leads" is the popular network motto.

Like Cerberus said, good stuff it out there...it just gets shadowed a lot.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I needed this too. Have bookmarked the page as well and added it to my daily reads.

Already found something useful, the article "drinking black tea soothes away stress". No wonder i always feel a bit better after having a cup of tea. I used to think the feeling was because I'd counteracted some level of dehydration (eg upon waking up), but yeah when I think of it, water doesn't have the same effect.

Here's to drinking black tea (with milk n sugar), in fact I'm gonna have one right now.

Thanks, keep sharing the good news.

Here is a similar good news website: http://www.happynews.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Super websites..thanks so much...I really need them!!...I will forward to my hubby too who I'm sure will ignore them...LOL...but I will try anyway.

Dear husband is a news junkie and but doesn't get that the negativity just PAINS me right now! I just cannot handle the news anymore. Bless his heart, he is also a bit hard of hearing (construction), I am post head injury and have hyper acute hearing... so I cannot seem to get away from his blaringly negative news shows in our small home...he tends to want TV and and radio with the war and political argument on all the time. He doesn't like me telling him HE has the hearing problem. <sigh> I guess I need an IPOD with sound negating headphones on, eh? ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It is said that people love gossip. that people love to hear other peoples woes as to make the viewers feel more secure. That may have been true in the older days when the average person watch maybe 30 minutes of network news. But now we're being bombarded with terrible news 24/7 it seems. either on CNN or the internet. It seems to have been this way since the first gulf war broke out in 1991. Though I am sure people stressed during the 1940s when theaters played news reels.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Really good site. We don't watch the news because of all the gore. I was a radio-tv major in college and the first thing they taught us was "if it bleeds, it leads". So, in some projects they would give you a stack of news and you had to put them in order to ''create' a broadcast. I finished school. But I never worked in the business. I knew I couldn't handle the cut throat and just general bad karma that went with it.

So, i bookmarked this one and I'll read it.

By the way, Velvet do you have a service that denies entry to the store if you are manic? I can see me doing major damage in one of my rides.

Fun to everyone...if you don't have a sense of humor things are just going to get worse. Take the illness seriously but forgive yourself and laugh about it sometimes. After all it was Johnny Carson who said (Humor= Tragedy+time)

Archived