I feel like doing it

Im not a cutter. But I feel really stupid now. It was a valid reason to be upset, but I can't understand how I go from upset to wanting to hurt myself in no time flat. Husband still doesn't know. Guess I'm too embarassed to tell anyone. I did tell my tdoc (like I posted in the other thread) and he said to "Change my way of thinking". Well you know what? That idea sucks. It simply doesn't work. If it did, SI wouldn't be a problem for me.

But the main thing is I made it through with just a few injuries. Is it common to feel stupid after you get through it?

Im not a cutter. But I feel really stupid now. It was a valid reason to be upset, but I can't understand how I go from upset to wanting to hurt myself in no time flat. Husband still doesn't know. Guess I'm too embarassed to tell anyone. I did tell my tdoc (like I posted in the other thread) and he said to "Change my way of thinking". Well you know what? That idea sucks. It simply doesn't work. If it did, SI wouldn't be a problem for me.

But the main thing is I made it through with just a few injuries. Is it common to feel stupid after you get through it?

i probably haven't posted in 6 months, but i just stumbled here and yeah, you might feel dumb. lord knows i did...but that doesn't mean you SHOULD feel dumb. Im not sure really what advice to give you here except that there is alight at the end of the tunnel for you and that lots feel the same way you do. please don't hurt yourself....

Archived