pdoc just started me on this. hoping that it would help with insomnia. i can take anywhere from 50-200mg depending on the dosage that works. so far i'm taking 100mg at night and it's not working so i am going to try 150mg. i know that this is a pretty old tca, just wondering if anyone has tried this? pros? cons?

my nightly combo is: dioxepin 50-200mg, xanax 2-3mg, and flexeril 10mg (which my neuro prescribed to see if it would help any with the intractable migraines). even at these amounts, i'm still not sleeping - either not being drowsy or finally falling asleep but waking up several times.

we did try lunesta (blah) and i wanted to try ambien again, but it's not generic yet and with my insurance i'm not going to pay the highest co-pay for something that i don't know will work. especially since it's the same price as ambien cr.

Before I saw anyone for my MI problems, my allergist gave me doxepin. It has antihistamine properties, and did help my nose and sinusitis a bit. However it made me very sleepy and dopey. I only used it for a short time.

I don't know, but the side effects may wear off with time. I know that when I took Elavil for migraines they did.

a.m.

Archived