OFFICIAL- SSDI APPROVED!

i got the most wonderful mail ever today- it is from SSA stating that it has been determined that i am disabled and will collect my disability! i'm so excited i can't keep back my tears!

i was expecting it to be this long, drawn-out ordeal with 5 appeals and 50 more forms. i just sent them my forms a few weeks ago, and i know the hospitals haven't had that long to send them in. i got my letter today and i have my appointment at SSA to go over all this stuff on the 14th. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT UNTIL I SEE A CHECK IN MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!

pinch me and tell me it's real. i'm in serious SSDI denial. (ha, what a joke, LAMO)

loon

proud to be officially crazy

i took today off of work to go to the SSA office and find out about this, and i'm going to the pdoc as well to ask him what to do. i'll probably quit my job this week, because of income limits and "i can't handle this". it is a shame i can't work there for a very limited number of hours, like 10 a week or something, but they need a 40 hour person. ah, sigh, not me.

yes, i'll probably need to hurry up and quit, so i'm not at work today to figure out what's going on and when i need to quit.

i'm also in "ssdi denial", like i won't believe it until today when i'm sitting in the office discussing it with them. i can read and reread the letter a thousand times and it just doesn't sink in. like DB said, it made her so excited, she's considered framing it. i think mine will get framed!

well, they open here at 9 and it is 9, so i'm walking across the street (yes, what a better place for it, SSA is across the street!) to see what this is all about and if i can quit my job today. hopefully so. i can't take it anymore.

Why couldn't you? You just do go in anymore.

Yeah... but. In another post, she said it is a temporary approval. If she just bolts without notice and

SSA doesn't follow through she's screwed trying to find a job again.

Besides, if she goes to HR and says "Hey, apparently I'm so screwed up that SSA has granted

disability on the first try" they just might thank her for the work she has done and request that

she turn over all keys to the building while they clean out her little cubicle, like NOW.

Edit: i.e., "She just stopped bothering to come in" == bad

"We had to let her go because of medical problems" == not so bad

Archived