"Temporary Approval"? Too Good To Be True!

I also put this on the Money board.

I went across the street to the SSA office to see what was up wtih this approval. it says plainly on the paper that they have found that i have a disability and that i will be receiving SSDI income. plain as day.

i wanted to know how it all worked. so i went to find out.

they now say that it is a 6-month thing, that they have to "investigate" more to decide if i'm "really" eligible, and that in the meantime i'll get like 519 a month and can earn 800 a month and of course get medicaid and foodstamps and am eligible for low-cost housing (gee, thanks). more like moving in with my grandparents if i take that one.

it seems like taking this offer could be more stressful than actually keeping my job and facing the possibility of getting fired and going through unemployment and another round of job searching. i need to ask my grandparents if they are willing to help me subsidize my under the table work with some cash to make ends meet in case i can't do it on my own in case i get fired, should i choose to stay it out and keep my job. i think they'll want me to keep my job. i need to go over there today and have a serious talk wtih them. pass the risperdal anyone! pass the klonopin!

this should be a great day in my life. i was throwing a parade and celebrating. i was ready to break my no-alcohol pledge and have one for the celebration. now i don't know about it. i think it may be just best to keep the job, get the agreement from my grandparents, and see it through.

what do you think? am i better to see if i can remain stable and see if my boss of 3 weeks will keep me as a regular employee (i am temp-to-hire), or take the SSDI and run? i can work under the table and make 800 legit while collecting the money from SSDI. i think this one is really up to my g'rents.

loon

If you turn down the temp SSDI, how does that affect your eligibility for the "real thing"? I mean, I thought if you were working at all, you were not even eligible to apply for SSDI--thats what every lawyer and the SS people told me. So do they know you are working now??

Maybe I don't know how this works--but when my husband applied, 12 or so years ago, he was told that even tho he was am amputee, if there was ANY job he could do, he was not xconsidered disabled. And I was told the same thing when I started the process for my back and MI. If I could work at all, doing anything, no disability. And I had to be unable to work for a full year.

Hmmmmm---

china

I would take it!!! .... cause if ya turn it down they may think well gee she doesnt need it ! ....cause she still wants to work and doesnt want the help so we can just move on to the next case..

so if i were you i would just like um take it and use the resources to help ya

If you turn down the temp SSDI, how does that affect your eligibility for the "real thing"? I mean, I thought if you were working at all, you were not even eligible to apply for SSDI--thats what every lawyer and the SS people told me. So do they know you are working now??

My mother was still employed when she was put on full disability. Marginally, but still employed.

Bear in mind that they flat-out told her that they expected her to die before they'd have to review the case.

I guess I would say, 'take the SSDI now".

I don't think that there is any doubt that you have a serious mental illness, and that it will be upheld on review.

Keep working on getting better. Take advantage of the stability that it will give you in the mean time.

a.m.

I guess I would say, 'take the SSDI now".

I don't think that there is any doubt that you have a serious mental illness, and that it will be upheld on review.

Keep working on getting better. Take advantage of the stability that it will give you in the mean time.

a.m.

i would take those statements to the bank!!!!

Archived