Any links on this?

This last week has been hell for me.

On saturday my lack of sleep induced a psychosis where I called my parents and calmly informed them I was going to kill myself with a kitchen knife. Life felt so clear. I thought I had done my time on this earth, both good and bad times, and I was ready to end it. It felt completely rational at the time. Then the carpet started moving. I managed to stay out of psych ward with the help of a very supportive neighbour, phone contact with my pdoc and Zyprexa.

Anxiety every day. Small panic attacks. Mixed states. Very vivid, sometimes unpleasant, dreams.

Now, I've been on antibiotics for nine days, took my last pill two days ago. I'm still feeling like shit so I'm doubting the connection, but I also vaguely remember something about antibiotics messing with your mood.

Couldn't come up with anything on Google.

Maybe Geodon stopped working? My pdoc says that doesn't happen, but then again she's been wrong before.

On saturday my lack of sleep induced a psychosis where I called my parents and calmly informed them I was going to kill myself with a kitchen knife. Life felt so clear. I thought I had done my time on this earth, both good and bad times, and I was ready to end it. It felt completely rational at the time.

Its more likely that your sleep deprivation induced this state. Practicing sleep hygiene works. Google "sleep hygiene."

Best wishes to you1

it sounds like a sleep thing. i have problems with insomnia and my moods/psychosis too. when i don't get my sleep, which is often, i start to hallucinate and feel suicidal, manic, mixed, whatever. the world is clear, like you described, but i just want to end it all. the suffering and the pain are suddenly behind me and i can even see my dad!!!

you're probably just suffering from sleep issues. if you're still having trouble with the sleep issues, and i seem to remember that you do, you should discuss further options (if you're not out of options) with your pdoc. otherwise, good behaviors, like avoiding caffeine and smoking past a certain time can help i've heard.

zyprexa makes me tired. maybe that can help!

good luck with this.

Archived