generic sertraline

i just got my zoloft refilled as a generic (in US now). its a 100mg yellow pill looks almost identical to zoloft, no words ZOLOFT on the second side. i guess this is supposed to be good news for those who cant afford zoloft, but it looks like the stuff costs a whole lot anyway, and its not much a savings :/

Yeah, apparently the generic just came out. Pfizer is talking about making their own generic (through a subsidy), which is kind of laughable to me.

I think the savings between generic and brand name depend on your insurance company most of the time. All the generics I've bought without insurance have been much cheaper than their brand-name counterparts. But... with my co-pay, there's only about a $15 difference between brand-name and generic, and that's for a 3-month supply.

If I still have health insurance. ;) I am having small amounts of drama around that.

Yeah, apparently the generic just came out. Pfizer is talking about making their own generic (through a subsidy), which is kind of laughable to me.

I think the savings between generic and brand name depend on your insurance company most of the time. All the generics I've bought without insurance have been much cheaper than their brand-name counterparts. But... with my co-pay, there's only about a $15 difference between brand-name and generic, and that's for a 3-month supply.

If I still have health insurance. ;) I am having small amounts of drama around that.

Most common meds (eg ssris and benzos) have at least a couple of generics. I take generic prozac, generic valium & my wife takes generic zoloft. We havent noticed any difference from the real thing. If it saves you some cash and does the trick, its probably worth trying out at least.

Archived