OK, I've had it up to HERE, with this bullshit. The propaganda about gays marrying is merely a goddamn smoke screen for the really fucked up shit they are up to on the hill. Strategy being, "oh, let's give the sheeple something controversial and diversionary so we can do what we REALLY want to do. Which, IMHO, is to pass really fucked up legislation very surepticiously. Can you say, "Patriot Act"?

So, I'm sitting here after this post with Brad Pitts' statement to the press, that Wifezilla posted on another thread or somewhere, dunno, but I reacted strongly to it. Not WZ, or most of her post, but to THIS ISSUE.

I mean come ON? Is enough enough already?

If the heteros banded together with our voting cards in hand on the fucking non-issue issue that is tearing lives apart, these a-hole, fucking devils in Washinton WILL make it right. How does one or thousands do this?

I got to admit, I am a FORMER activist because I got so burned out and jaded by the fucking lies and corruption and just threw my hands up and said "FUCK IT." Mind my own beeswax, be a sheeple.

That time is gone.

I know I can find this info searching the web and such, but if any of you know of an existing lobby or organization specifically made up of HETROSEXSUALS, for the purpose of galvanizing our feelings (and our voting privilige) about the wrongness in denying gays to marry, please let me know. I can't stand it anymore!

Two years and you know that rat bastard has a full agenda for every single day of it.

S9

OK, I've had it up to HERE, with this bullshit. The propaganda about gays marrying is merely a goddamn smoke screen for the really fucked up shit they are up to on the hill. Strategy being, "oh, let's give the sheeple something controversial and diversionary so we can do what we REALLY want to do. Which, IMHO, is to pass really fucked up legislation very surepticiously. Can you say, "Patriot Act"?
You are 1,000% right, S9. It's all smoke and mirrors. And hatred and venom. And pompousness and self-righteousness. I appreciate yoru outrage. Black Americans never had a shot at civil rights until white people started to care and band together. Marriage and EEOC rights for gay people don't have a shot in hell until straight America gives a damn. And right now, they don't.

Try PFLAG. It's the only group I know of.

http://www.pflag.org/

what i thought was so stupid was the politics over gay rights/gay marriage at the state and local levels during the last presidental election. i can't believe what a smoke-screen the stupid conservatives made the gay marriage thing into being! as if it matters so much in their lives if two people, regardless of gender, can be married. it should not be their business. but they are bought by religious conservatives, so they make it their business. and all of the religious conservatives came out of the woodwork to vote on that particular issue, thus propelling our "president" into office again and putting these bans on gay marriage into law.

why do they care if two people love each other? aren't there better things to make laws about and spend taxpayer time and money on?

alright, let's give everyone civil rights already, and stop letting one whacko group control civil rights for a major minority population.

this issue makes me sick. everyone should boycott marriage until marriage is legal for everyone, regardless of who you want to marry. it is insane.

loon

You'ld think the repugnicans would support same sex marriage. After all, they are the "family values" party, aren't they? They've got all kinds of programs encouraging young mothers to get married and stay married (regardless of the situation- abuse, joblessness, whatever) Marriage is supposed to be the silver bullet that solves all problems. If marriage is so good for all heteros, why isn't it good for gays and lesbians too?

I've said it before and I will say it again. Gay couples can't possibly do any more damage to the institute of marriage than my father and my friend's fathers did. My dad is living with a new girlfriend after being divorced 3 times, one friend's dad is married to wife #4, and my hubby's buddy has a dad who is on wife #7.( Poor guy has to keep a written list of his ex-stepmom's for Christmas cards so he can keep them all straight.)

VE, I wasn't particularly singling out straights, however, as Libby so aptly described the Civil Rights movement of the 50/60's, until white people FINALLY banded, en masse, and held their voting card as a weapon, the gov't did didly squat and it's not much better today for minoritys than when Rosa Parks "was a tired black woman who needed to sit down" and did.

Libby: I forgot about PFLAG--I'm going to check it out now.

And it is my heart held belief that the majority of this country are so fucking hypnotized by dominos pizza that while everyone is up in arms about the legislation of gay marriage, the really undermining and evil, civil liberty robbing legislation is being secretly passed.

If even a fraction of married, nice if their white, but heteros would galvanize AND act, march, harrass their reps, this thing would get passed and put away before you could say, "you may kiss the bride, or groom, or orangatan."

I haven't seen grousy around since I came back after my respite, but I love his Yay Gay! We need bumper stickers with perhaps wedding bells in between the two words.

Anyway, thanks for ya'lls comments and your's particularly Lib, cuz I think we are 100 percent agreed on WTF is going down, UP HERE. I'm an hour from the mall at the white house, I guess I could just go down there with my sign, but the homeless people are very aggressive on the mall--right at the front door of the white house and those rat bastard fucking suits just step over them.

Grrrr.

S9

First: definitely PFLAG. That is kind of the "straights for gays" organization. I would only add that I'm not sure a seperate group is necessary in order to rally straight allies. For one thing (again touching on PFLAG), the more the issues are talked about, the more people feel safe talking about them, and the more people come out. Fact is, EVERYONE knows a gay person; more and more people are just starting to realize it. The "gay voting bloc" includes the family of queer people, more and more. It includes people who really do have "family values".

I think it would be about as effective to maybe have a campaign within an already established organization reaching out to allies as it would creating a new one. As such, for specifically lobby groups, HRC is probably the best we've got (though it does have its failings). hrc.org

First: definitely PFLAG. That is kind of the "straights for gays" organization. I would only add that I'm not sure a seperate group is necessary in order to rally straight allies.
Yeah, as I mentioned to Lib, I forgot totally about PFLAG, ;) , I joined last night and am going to their next meeting. Even this bumfuck little burg I live in has a local chapter.

Thanks!

S9

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Aren't you people paying attention? If they allowed gay marriages then the terrorists could get them. Shut up, vote for George, then go home and watch your TV, eat your Twinkies and drink beer. Only use the newspaper for the puppy.

And it is my heart held belief that the majority of this country are so fucking hypnotized by dominos pizza that while everyone is up in arms about the legislation of gay marriage, the really undermining and evil, civil liberty robbing legislation is being secretly passed.

yeah baby. ding ding ding!

glad y'all wanna do something cuz they won't listen to me. i'm evil. ;)

"don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain!"

oh and see, this is yet another reason why New Yorkers are so cool. They know Domino's isn't "real" pizza! :)

They know Domino's isn't "real" pizza! goofy.gif
Their pizza isn't real, but their ultra conservative racist homophobic social agenda is. I'm a Papa John's girl.

Hey,

Aren't you people paying attention? If they allowed gay marriages then the terrorists could get them. Shut up, vote for George, then go home and watch your TV, eat your Twinkies and drink beer. Only use the newspaper for the puppy.

Ido, you're too funny. Beware the slippery slope...next thign you know those gay married terrorists will be wanting abortions! Or worse, they'll move to the suburbs and join the PTA! Oh the humanity! ;)

First: definitely PFLAG. That is kind of the "straights for gays" organization. I would only add that I'm not sure a seperate group is necessary in order to rally straight allies.

Yeah, as I mentioned to Lib, I forgot totally about PFLAG, ;) , I joined last night and am going to their next meeting. Even this bumfuck little burg I live in has a local chapter.

Thanks!

S9

Right on, S9. If more straight people cared, then we might see some legislative changes. If only we had a leader, a public speaker with fire in the belly, to really make the straight world give a damn. I really think that most people are fine with gay marriage; they just don't care enough to make it happen. It's primarily a non-issue for all but the radical right and the gay folk.

Land of the free, my ass.

Another example of a ridiculously homophobic business, this time with an outrageously ironic name: Outside Pride. Like, what?

On the issue of "why do they act like they're being threatened?" by the legality or illegality of non-man-woman matrimonial pairings, I think this essay had some interesting points. It certainly doesn't justify the conservative position, but at least it tries to get to the root of the attitude.

Gotta catch a bus.

What the hell is wrong with that guy? Aren't those tv shows about violent crimes? What kind of parents would let their children watch programs about people being raped and murdered and think they are being good responsible parents? Oh yeah. The kind that think love is dangerous.

my community is known for having the largest LGBT population per capita anywhere east of the mississippi. it is very, very uncommon to drive down a street and not see several rainbow flags, rainbow bumper stickers, and other gay-rights/pride political statements.

the alliance for gay rights in this community is stronger than i've seen anywhere. so what you're LGBT? at least 10% of the population is, and that was the last figure i heard. i wouldn't be surprised if it is higher. it is hard to tell, because there are so many "allies" (those who are supporting the LGBT crowd) and they have flags up too. when i have my own porch i'll put out a flag and fit in with the neighborhood lol

i waited 2 hours, with all of my community, in the last presidential election to vote. i don't think there is a single anti-gay person in this town, i swear. i think, judging from the wait time to vote, that everyone voted too.

we used to joke that instead of our community flag at city hall we need a rainbow flag. city hall would fit right in.

NOW- if our whole country and world would be like this little city- if we all supported love among all people and not just traditional man-woman marriage, what a wonderful world it would be. let's spread the love.

loon

my husband and i always go to the Gay Pride celebrations and openly hold hands to make it clear that at least TWO straight people support gay rights.

and i shop. i got a really cool shirt that says 'We The People' means EVERYONE. i love it.

snip

Ido, you're too funny. Beware the slippery slope...next thign you know those gay married terrorists will be wanting abortions! Or worse, they'll move to the suburbs and join the PTA! Oh the humanity! ;)

OMG, I just realised there's a lesbian LIVING IN MY HOUSE! AND SHE EVEN OWNS THE PLACE! Thank the Lord she doesn't have one of those terrorist beards or something. And she hasn't married her gf yet. Nor have I found any explosives in the basement.

snip

OMG, I just realised there's a lesbian LIVING IN MY HOUSE! AND SHE EVEN OWNS THE PLACE! Thank the Lord she doesn't have one of those terrorist beards or something. And she hasn't married her gf yet. Nor have I found any explosives in the basement.

You just be careful. I hear you can catch the gay from toilet seats and doorknobs.

Archived