Gettin forced out of group

With the lack of insurance and funds runnin out being told i have to find other means of treating my bi polar and other conditions ... kinda upset about that my medicaid hasnt came through yet due to the state takin there sweet time and such .. So i am caught between a rock and a hard place not knowin what to do espicaly when i run out of the samples of the meds i am on i am scared to think about what that will do to me and if it will send me into yet another psychotic rage and go out of control and get locked down for a while...

SO i guess i live in a state aka indiana that is really harsh on the mental health care its like they wont commit you or alllow ya self to check into the hospital aka loony bin unless your gonna off your self or off someone else

so if anyone that comes to this page lives in indiana ... got any info for me please post it here or pm me

Well losing a lifeline is not doubt stressful.

Try to remember that this is just temporary and that you will be able to continue when your benefits get approved.

Is there a case manager associated with the group who could contact the government folks and check on your application? That might chivy things along.

best,

a.m.

if you have a social worker, what AM was probably meaning by saying case manager, give that person a call. they probably have one at your treatment center. this person probably knows the ins and outs of the system in your state and if they can't get the funding there faster, can perhaps at least be a bridge between you and the hospital so they know they will get their money and it is coming, so they shouldn't kick you out.

So i am caught between a rock and a hard place not knowin what to do espicaly when i run out of the samples of the meds i am on

You might try contacting a site like needymeds, or make direct contact with the pharmaceutical companies that make your meds. They often have programs for people with low incomes.

Good luck

If you live near a fairly big city, try calling some of the clinical research companies. Or go to www.centerwatch.com. You can search for pharm. studies for various "conditions" there. Often its a good way to get free meds, good care, and make some cash.

Just a thought--

china

i know today you'll see your doctor and find out your fate regarding staying in your treatment or getting kicked out. not just your group, but your pdoc and tdoc and entire treatment. you just can't have that. what do they want, an untreated loon on their hands? that will cost everyone more money than just treating you outpatient, but who uses common sense in this world (except in ohio, i have to hand it to my state, i have received wonderful mental health care).

thoughts and prayers are with you today. hopefully they will see the light and keep you in your valuable treatment. goddess knows how important it is.

loon

Archived