Madrid bans too-thin models

A recent Finnish study showed that obese women faced more job discrimination and earned less, not only compared to men, but also to women of normal weight and obese men with a similar education and job.

Not only are obese women socially stigmatised, they also suffer more from diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease than men with the same body mass index.

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?...;sec=lifeliving

obesity is just as big a problem as being too thin. I don't think I have seen too many anorexic 5 year olds. In the USA.

We have more fatty foods than health foods in this Country.

"Super Size Me" is a great movie to watch and learn

I just think it goes both ways.

It's easy to put down skinny/anorexic girls and no one defends them.

But If you even say the smallest thing about an overweight person you are the most awful person in the world.(How could you)

Always two sides to every story

I wasn't putting down thin people I was very thin for a very long time and got both put down and praised and questioned when I wanted to be heavier but the woman in that picture is CLEARLY NOT HEALTHY. Merely because you don't know five year olds that ponder these things doesn't mean they don't exist. If they exist in the UK there IS the possibility that they exist here. And yes fat people get stigmatized too. Obese people aren't healthy either. BOTH need assistance. But clearly in America looking closer to a skeleton is cheered and obese people are treated like dirt. It's not safe, it's not attractive, and it's not healthy. The middle ground is more what people should be hoping for. Some people don't recognize their illness when it's staring them right in the face. Which is why her picture was posted. SHE thinks she's gorgeous and I can bet there are SOME who think she's just fine. Just great. Beautiful even. Oh and as far as five year olds go see the new post below this one and talk to Rabbit...

Very scary...

lilie

I wasn't putting down thin people I was very thin for a very long time and got both put down and praised and questioned when I wanted to be heavier but the woman in that picture is CLEARLY NOT HEALTHY. Merely because you don't know five year olds that ponder these things doesn't mean they don't exist. If they exist in the UK there IS the possibility that they exist here. And yes fat people get stigmatized too. Obese people aren't healthy either. BOTH need assistance. But clearly in America looking closer to a skeleton is cheered and obese people are treated like dirt. It's not safe, it's not attractive, and it's not healthy. The middle ground is more what people should be hoping for. Some people don't recognize their illness when it's staring them right in the face. Which is why her picture was posted. SHE thinks she's gorgeous and I can bet there are SOME who think she's just fine. Just great. Beautiful even. Oh and as far as five year olds go see the new post below this one and talk to Rabbit...

Very scary...

lilie

Easy There..................Wowie! didn't mean to get you all worked up.

I am just saying there is always two sides.

There are also my obesse 5 year olds. (2 sides)

Edit: We can go on forever about this. Just like Religion.

We both have our opinions.

Let's just touch glove and go to our corner's ;)

Time for my shower.

i'm for this too, not only so we aren't exposed to disgusting pictures of "attractive" models, but so that the models themselves feel less pressure to conform to some stupid 5lb standard and starve themselves to death. anorexia kills more of its victims than any other mental health disorder, including bipolar disorder, and it is about time that people made the connection between supply and demand in our model culture.

LG you wrote:There are also my obesse 5 year olds. (2 sides)

did you mean that you have an overweight child or that you understand that there are children out there that think they're overweight? because the last time I checked you said you were a size 5/6(5'9" was it?) and wanted to go down some so you were on your bike extra exercising. Yep there are always two sides to every story but everyone usually picks the one that comforts them best. I'm sincerely hoping you're passing a "healthy" lifestyle onto your child and not making inappropriate size 4's, prada, or nicole richies body a dream for her to wish for.

Go Madrid!

lilie

Archived