Has anybody done this?

Last night after a long heart wrenching fight with DH I went to bed. I got up thinking I needed to take my meds that my Dr. just increased. I was supposed to take 3-30 milligrams but I realized this morning I took 3-60mg tablets.

I don't know if the med (cymbalta) is lethal in large doses but it would have been really bad if it had been something that was! My DH would have thought I killed myself because of our discussion.

Has anyone else done this?

Has anyone else done this?

I've never done it on accident, but I have done it. I took 6 50mg tablets of trazodone a few weeks ago, and, yeah, not good. the biggest thing I've been worried about that is SSRI syndrome, which is somewhat dangerous from what I can find. I don't remember what class Cymbalta is in, I don't remember if it messes with serotonin or not, but it would probably take a lot of pills to actually kill yourself and not so many to get SSRI syndrome.

I don't think I'm the best one to talk to about this as I tend to feel invincible about taking meds -- aha nothing can hurt me. ;)

my mom's in charge of medicating me, but we use a pill box thing with a little box for each day, and I don't think either my brother or I has ever accidentally gotten a double dose. it's also useful, if you're planning on going up with something like that, to have the pills set out when you're lucid (ie as soon as you get home) and not tired or angry.

daily pillbox = good.

good luck. <3

It's indicated in doses of up to 120mgs for neuropathty, so you didn't take a huge overdose. The FDA has refused to aprove medications if the margin of error in dosing is slim enough that taking one extra pill by mistake is really harmfull. I think most of us have done that from time to time without realizing it.

Your liver would probobly thank you if you avoid booze for the next few days. Skipping your next dose might not be a bad idea either.

I've doubled on a 60 mg dose of Cymbalta before on accident, and I didn't even notice until I realized I'd taken both day's pills from my pill box.

Like VE said, treat your liver kinda easy for the next little while, but you should be fine.

I guess it's just a reminder to try and be more mindful of your meds. ;)

I've accidentally taken my pills twice in a day, because I didn't remember that I had taken them. Then things start feeling weird without explanation. It's quite disconcerting.

That is where I really started depending on my pill box organizer. I can sit down once a week and carefully sort them all out. Also helps me keep up on prescription refills too.

a.m.

I've done it at times with this or that med. Not too often. No big deal. The only med I've heard of that is THAT deadly isn't a med: nutmeg when taken in large quantities recreationally, although I suppose things like chemotherapy are like that too.

Actually sadly, all the time.

Part of the illness.

I have the boxes, can be good with boxes for while, then even fuck up with boxes, or just say fuck the boxes.

It can go both ways.

Too much meds, and not taking meds for days or more.

I really do not know what to suggest, except perhaps if our DH's wanted to take on being our private duty nurses.

Mine rather not, for he said I really suck as a patient, and it just causes more marital hassles.

So, guess I must just learn to deal with my med problem.

I am trying.

Aly

My pdoc tried to push 120mg Cymbalta on me last year... I'd tried it, but it had no effect above 60mg, save for making me a bit constipated.

Also, I've been known to accidentally switch two medications in my morning cocktail, e.g. taking 2x200mg Provigil and 1x200mg Lamictal instead of vice versa. I'm not a morning person, so the morning cocktail is just begging to get screwed up.

Fortunately, there were no adverse effects, as you could give me all the Provigil in the world and I'll still be in a semi-zombified state until 2 PM.

The above is what led me to preparing my morning cocktail the evening before, and putting it in a tiny dish on my nightstand.

And that's what once led me to taking my morning cocktail twice over, since I'd forgotten that I took it once out of the dish, and opened my pillbox, and took it again.

And don't even get me started on why Tylenol and Provigil should never be kept in the same pillbox. It involves an involuntary all-nighter.... ;)

i had the exact same experience with the provigil (being zombified until afternoon at least, sleeping 12 hours) when i was on trileptal. its like the provigil is not much better than placebo in some cases.. i would be half awake at say, 10am, take the provigil before my head was so heavy that i had to fall back to sleep, and sleep the rest of the morning/afternoon away!

this did go away after i got off trileptal though :)

now i take sertraline (zoloft) and what i can say is that all the SSRI, SNRI drugs are fairly safe in overdose but serotonin syndrome can occur at, say, at about 5x the recommended maximum dose, so medical treatment of overdose is important. with cymbalta it's not even that strong on serotonin so they shouldn't have a problem with 180mg, other than it sucking bad (side effects) and it not being good for your liver.

provigil might actually help the state im in now, but i think id try wellbutrin first this time around. im unmotivated because im quitting weed, so i think meds can help this, especially ones that kick up norepinephrine and dopamine transmission.

My pdoc tried to push 120mg Cymbalta on me last year... I'd tried it, but it had no effect above 60mg, save for making me a bit constipated.

Also, I've been known to accidentally switch two medications in my morning cocktail, e.g. taking 2x200mg Provigil and 1x200mg Lamictal instead of vice versa. I'm not a morning person, so the morning cocktail is just begging to get screwed up.

Fortunately, there were no adverse effects, as you could give me all the Provigil in the world and I'll still be in a semi-zombified state until 2 PM.

The above is what led me to preparing my morning cocktail the evening before, and putting it in a tiny dish on my nightstand.

And that's what once led me to taking my morning cocktail twice over, since I'd forgotten that I took it once out of the dish, and opened my pillbox, and took it again.

And don't even get me started on why Tylenol and Provigil should never be kept in the same pillbox. It involves an involuntary all-nighter.... ;)

Archived