lexapro made me eat 12 cheeseburgers in a row

now I have got your attention.

I'm not eating cheeseburgers, and I'm not fat. I do have a spare tyre situation, but that's another story.

Anyhow, I just started on the almighty lex about 3 days ago, and right now if I see anything that even resembles a piece of food, I've already got my mouth around it before I can say weight gain.

Does this ring a bell with anyone here? It's like I just ate a whole box of zyprexa.

Giddy up appetite!

And not knowing the side effects of lexapro, I tried to have a little bit of play time down below today, and I'm sitting there having these fucking awful flashbacks of the Aropax (paxil) days!

What's a man to do!

Holly shit, you little bitch. That title did scare the shit out of me. **S9 flogs hollow log, and NO you do not like it!***

Jesus, TC. I can relate to the "See Food" diet. Sorry no advice, just run the other way! Run, flee from the food! I'm telling you these drugs are evil. But, alas, for me anyway a necessary evil. I'm glad the MRIs don't seem to make me want to eat everything in sight.

I know when I was on Prozac, I didn't gain wait.

Meh.

Anyway, just glad you didn't REALLY eat 12 cheeseburgers, I guess I should know better. But with you... ;)

Love,

Sooze

Oh baby I like it when you get nasty with me. Oh, flog me all over. When you hit me I feel like I'm touched by god, and I'm praying for you to do it again, and again, and AGAIN. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

Oh I've calmed down with the whole let's-eat-like-Mama-Cass thing today, kinda. Well, I'm not eating hydrolised wheat and soy protein from the can like I was yesterday. That weirded me out a little. Oh how American I sound with THAT statement! Lord have mercy.

Just battling the fatigue today. It's certainly the lexapro. I'm sure my shrinko dinko said that I'll only be on it until I feel better. Anyhow, I've cleaned the fuck out of my barbeque. Literally cleaned it 4 times to get all the baked on animal fat off the bloody thing. Good as new now. But, I did plan to get out and take a whole lot of photos, but my arse can get moving. I've got tomorrow at work, and it's a haven for photographers.

I watched Palindromes by Todd Solondz last night. Pretty twisted! Not as good as Happiness though. You MUST pitter patter your little feet down to the DVD shop at get Happiness. I promise you'll like it. Or maybe I could just send you a copy. How would that be?

I think I'm going to lay down for a bit.

Holly shit, you little bitch. That title did scare the shit out of me. **S9 flogs hollow log, and NO you do not like it!***

Jesus, TC. I can relate to the "See Food" diet. Sorry no advice, just run the other way! Run, flee from the food! I'm telling you these drugs are evil. But, alas, for me anyway a necessary evil. I'm glad the MRIs don't seem to make me want to eat everything in sight.

I know when I was on Prozac, I didn't gain wait.

Meh.

Anyway, just glad you didn't REALLY eat 12 cheeseburgers, I guess I should know better. But with you... ;)

Love,

Sooze

Yep ya got me too. zyprexa and seroquel made me crave food like there was no tomorrow. I don't take either anymore except prn but when I was eating everything in sight the first thing I did was to not eat anything that had high fructose corn syrup in it. then if I felt like I wanted to eat everything in sight I tried to do the veggie thing. I ate as many as I wanted (usually the max was two of those prepackaged bags of salad) til my stomach felt full. Prepackaged salads are easy you can just grab them and go nuts. but don't go nuts with the dressing. Try to use none at all if possible. The weight dropped off and stabilized between the mix of those things.

It totally sucks I know I hope you can find something that helps with the cravings. I think WZ suggested hoodia or was it chitosan? crap I forget the name.

Wifezilla you out there? Maybe she can tell you the name.

Lilie

Dear Cheeseburger Dude:

So, Lexapro is one of the meds that doesn't have a weight gain side effect. This must be (scuse the expression) all in your head.

It does have you take off like a rocket though, and that would be why you cleaned your "barbie" - Guess no "Shrimp on the Barbie" at your house. (yuck yuck) Whoops, I'm talking like an Aussie. (not)

Seriously though, I think that eating thing will go away. I would venture to guess it was "something to do", because it does speed you up at first, then you slide into normal gear after a week or so.

Try and stick with it. I couldn't - I was too wired, but hopefully this will be a good one for you. Everything I read about it was a "go" for me.

Breeze

PS Do you know about remedyfind.com?

It does have you take off like a rocket though, and that would be why you cleaned your "barbie" - Guess no "Shrimp on the Barbie" at your house. (yuck yuck) Whoops, I'm talking like an Aussie. (not)

Try and stick with it. I couldn't - I was too wired, but hopefully this will be a good one for you. Everything I read about it was a "go" for me.

PS Do you know about remedyfind.com?

Yeah I use remedyfind. I'll have to look up the lex. I was speedy that day. Hard to say where I'm at now as I'm sick with a cold, and I feel stoned on these cold and flu tablets.

Why if you do ever come to Australia you will have to come over for a barbie. Yes, no shrimps, but I've got some great vegan things to cook. And you might get to meet Buttons!

Yep ya got me too. zyprexa and seroquel made me crave food like there was no tomorrow. I don't take either anymore except prn but when I was eating everything in sight the first thing I did was to not eat anything that had high fructose corn syrup in it. then if I felt like I wanted to eat everything in sight I tried to do the veggie thing. I ate as many as I wanted (usually the max was two of those prepackaged bags of salad) til my stomach felt full. Prepackaged salads are easy you can just grab them and go nuts. but don't go nuts with the dressing. Try to use none at all if possible. The weight dropped off and stabilized between the mix of those things.

It totally sucks I know I hope you can find something that helps with the cravings. I think WZ suggested hoodia or was it chitosan? crap I forget the name.

Wifezilla you out there? Maybe she can tell you the name.

Lilie

I could eat a carrot on zyprexa and put on ten kilos. It's horrible. I take 150mg of seroquel a day, but I've had no problem with that. On lamictal I've lost weight.

I eat quite healthy. Just the quantity has increased. I have a flat tyre on my bike, so I will have to get to that, as it's my main form of exercise. I can ride it to work and back. That will help. I might ask zilla about the stuff you are talking about.

That's awful about the poor carrot on Zyprexa. But don't tell PETV. That would be even worse.

Fix that flat, and carry a pump and spare tube. You're going to ride all over the place, you will like it, and you'll be snugging up your belt.

(you guessed it: people for the ethical treatment of vegetables)

i'm with you HL that you can gain weight on lex. i gained about 5lbs. now, i don't know if it was a new med combo that did it or just the lex or me being lazy, but i did gain 5lbs in that time frame. i do know that most SSRIs do carry the side effect of weight gain. and we are all individuals too. if anyone is the poster child for unheard-of side effects, it is me. the drug manufacturers should try studying me!

sticking to vegan food is a start, but as you know, we know fat vegans. my suggestion would be to just plan out your meals and eat what you've planned and stick to it.

i'm in the same camp that i could look at a carrot and gain weight on zyprexa. i gained 30lbs in less than a month. i couldn't wear anything except my pjs. i went to the pdoc in my pjs and demanded a med change!

if you gain too much weight, look at the combo of topamax and 450mg wellbutrin. i think those drugs helped me lose my zyprexa weight, along with the gym and weight watchers.

loon

That's awful about the poor carrot on Zyprexa. But don't tell PETV. That would be even worse.

(you guessed it: people for the ethical treatment of vegetables)

I know. I heard that carrot screaming all the way down to my stomach. Terrible way to go!

i'm with you HL that you can gain weight on lex. i gained about 5lbs. now, i don't know if it was a new med combo that did it or just the lex or me being lazy, but i did gain 5lbs in that time frame. i do know that most SSRIs do carry the side effect of weight gain. and we are all individuals too. if anyone is the poster child for unheard-of side effects, it is me. the drug manufacturers should try studying me!

sticking to vegan food is a start, but as you know, we know fat vegans. my suggestion would be to just plan out your meals and eat what you've planned and stick to it.

i'm in the same camp that i could look at a carrot and gain weight on zyprexa. i gained 30lbs in less than a month. i couldn't wear anything except my pjs. i went to the pdoc in my pjs and demanded a med change!

if you gain too much weight, look at the combo of topamax and 450mg wellbutrin. i think those drugs helped me lose my zyprexa weight, along with the gym and weight watchers.

loon

Hey Loon. Yeah I lost a lot on lamictal. That was wonderful. I may have put on a couple of kilos with lex. It feels like it. I don't have scales.

Anyhow, I'm not as hungry anymore. It's easing off, which is great. I'm only on half a tablet until I talk to my shrink about going up to the whole tablet. She's been worried I'll get hypomanic, which is fair enough. I haven't touched any SSRI for about 3 years now for that reason.

That's so bad that you couldn't wear your PJs. I haven't got that big before, but lets just say I have a whole lot of fat clothes in my wardrobe that are collecting dust. It's quite nice to look at.

Cheers sweetie,

Tim

Archived