Attacks

Does anyone here ever have those P attacks that just spring up out of know were and ya cant figure out why but they totaly just hit you really hard and ya dont know what to do and ya just wanna crawl up in a ball and hide...

ANd you have to race for your klonopin and just take one light a candle and work on calmin your self down tellin your self its gonna be okay and ya gonna make it through this ...

So your sittin here at the computer and ya just get those wtf moments..

so i came here to post

damn skippy they are. I have to pick up my sleep meds too. sucks. i found a lone ativan in my emergency meds bottle so I took that and have a glass if wine so hopefully this crap goes away soon even though ativan doesn't work nearly as well as klonopin does for me.

lilie

well it's a pain in the behind because I have no idea what brought this on. I hate surprise panic attacks. and since I'm not getting much sleep I've been kind of up for the last three days that may have a big part of whats going on who knows. how is your panic attack doing? meds work?

lilie

it's sort of strange today because when I could properly calmed down I started emailing and calling the regular folks that I do and I've noticed that all of them are having a poopy,nervous day. it must be manic freaking monday. meds for all!

lilie

i had a surprise panic attack that woke me up at 3:30am last night, all because i was suddenly afraid of household security and the danger of someone breaking in. i had to take 2mg klonopin to calm myself down.

most pdocs seem to be skimpy wtih the klonopin, but not mine. if i say i need more, as long as i'm not showing any signs of an addictive behavior (which i'm not), then he'll write a new script or increase my dose per day. it used to be prn and is now in my regular schedule.

it goes a long way to prevent panic attacks. i think we should all take it in our med routine.

oh I used to be constant with the break in thoughts. I would stay up all night "just in case" and envision all these ways people could get into my house. It got so bad that when I moved I made sure I had a minimum of windows and access entry places so I could watch the apartment. It's the same way now. I'm actually in a really nice place(lots less stressful-I guess paying more to be in the ritzy neighborhood with fast cops and lots of private security helped a little) but every now and again the thoughts will come to visit about burgulars. On those nights I sleep on the couch with a butcher knife. sigh...

lilie

i had a surprise panic attack that woke me up at 3:30am last night, all because i was suddenly afraid of household security and the danger of someone breaking in. i had to take 2mg klonopin to calm myself down.

most pdocs seem to be skimpy wtih the klonopin, but not mine. if i say i need more, as long as i'm not showing any signs of an addictive behavior (which i'm not), then he'll write a new script or increase my dose per day. it used to be prn and is now in my regular schedule.

it goes a long way to prevent panic attacks. i think we should all take it in our med routine.

tell me about it i totaly freak out alot over the bump in the night and am i really safe *shivers*

Does anyone here ever have those P attacks that just spring up out of know were and ya cant figure out why but they totaly just hit you really hard and ya dont know what to do and ya just wanna crawl up in a ball and hide...

I don't have them often but when they do come up it's out of nowhere. I don't think I've ever had one while I was nervous or thinking about something that would make me anxious. I've even had them come on at night before bed after I've taken my Ativan! And night time is my best time of day. Breathing and relaxation exercises do nothing. I have to just let it pass.

I totally understand about the out-of-nowhere panic attacks. it feels as if a lion has just jumped right in front of you and is going to devour you whole!! Ultra racing thoughts and heart along with panting and shakes. I have ativans for them now, but they still are scary and very unpleasant. They usually happen at work so I don't have the luxury of going to bed. But that's what I would like to do when they happen. thanks for sharing

Archived