Snoring like a bear

Dee

Seroquel makes me snore like a bear. It makes my nose really stuffy and my breathing slightly laboured, which is causing this terrible snoring.

Does anyone have any tips on how to stop snoring? I don't want to give up Seroquel or take up seperate bedrooms. I'm sleeping on the couch most nights or getting kicked out bed in the middle of the night. :embarassed:

Seroquel does the same thing to hubby ;)

On those nights when I wakes me up, I just go sleep on the couch...but them he comes out to pout that he can't sleep without me there. Mr. Romance bought me ear plugs one time so I wouldn't have to go in to the livingroom. They, of course, bugged me more than the snoring.

The thing that helps him snore less is losing weight....but you can't just drop 15 lbs overnight.

I really miss sleep.

Penny do you know if those strips really work? Are they uncomfortable? I was thinking about trying them. I don't snore without Seroquel, so I don't think I have sleep apnea unless I have Seroquel induced sleep apnea.

Wifezilla, I am on the weightloss bandwagon so maybe that will help, but it will take time. Does Seroquel make your hubby's breathing different?

What about an antihistimane with the Seroquel? Would that help?

my boyfriend actually recorded me the other morning. how embarrassing is all I can say!!

I have tried Breathe Right, they work ok. I have nasal spray that I use as well, but it's addictive and still doesn't help completely.

Do you smoke?

Hi Velveteen,

We posted at the same time so I missed your post. I'll try those Breathe Right strips. I'm sure Otravin would help but as you say, it's very addictive.

I do smoke. Do you?

P.S. I'm sorry everyone sucks and you aren't feeling the support you need. Sometimes we don't post if we feel we have nothing helpful to offer, but we do care. Most people do suck, but not here on CB.

funny you mention Otravin, that's exactly what I use. didn't know they had that in the states (you ARE in the states I presume?).

;) Yes I do smoke :) The reason I asked is because if you limit your smoking for a few hours before going to sleep, it should HELP a little with snoring. Of course I can never manage to stop a few hours before going to bed so this theory is not proven by me.

I know you guys don't suck - I was just feeling shitty this morning. I don't seem to have much control over the asshat things that come out of my mouth/brain lately.

You're not an asshat. We all feel like that at times.

I don't think I can limit my smoking at this time. I used to use Flonaise. I wonder if a steroid nasal spray like that would work? It's non addictive, not nearly as effective as nasal crack, I mean Otravin. ;)

Maybe I'll just stay on the couch. You know who sucks today? My fucking boyfriend. He takes 30 mg of Remeron a night and still wakes up in a temper tantrum over my snoring. He is the worlds lightest sleeper.

Yeah, I can't limit either. It's hard enough to be sticking to Weight Watchers. I'm *going* to smoke. Basta.

What about if you tried to go to sleep propped up a bit? Do you sleep on your back? Side? Stomach? It should be less if you are on your stomach, for example, rather than your back.

Nasal Crack ;) It is so true. At least it's cheaper than crack :)

But real crack would make weight watchers alot easier. ;)

I have to sleep on my back with a pillow under my knees for a back problem I have. Any other position would fuck with my back. I could try propping my head up more though.

Does Vicks still make those little menthol sticks you snort? They are not addictive. I'm not sure if they would make much difference though.

True, but real crack can't be downloaded off the internet like the WW program costing me nothing instead of going to meetings and paying for it. So, I'll have to stick with WW ;)

OK, understand you have a back issue - If you can try propping your head just a little bit more.

And yes, Vicks still makes those sticks as far as I know, but I don't know where you are. Try the Breathe Right, thy really do help, they just feel funny in the beginning.

i had a boyfriend who snored really, really bad. i can sleep through most snoring, but this was the worst of all snoring.

i made him learn to sleep on his side and use nasal strips. it helped enough that i could sleep. he also lost some weight and i don't know if that helped, but it possibly did.

when it got too bad i just kicked him and that stopped him. at least you're not getting kicked! i also woke him up and told him to stop. like he had control over it or something. i was the snore police.

Archived