Not looking forward to facing the day

we were discussing that pdoc and tdoc thing. have you had a chance to hook up wtih anyone, at least even your GP? GPs will usually prescribe SSRIs or something to get you out of bed. some of it is psychological, sure, but the brain chemicals being out of whack makes it a losing proposition from the start.

i'd say bribe yourself to do something little and then take a break, a little thing and a break- i do it because of ADD- and see if you can at least see your GP.

long years ago, paxil saved my life and sanity.

I sure wish I had more ambition and hunger for life. I could be happy just doing nothing. But when i do nothing i wish i had more of a life.... vicious cycle. amazing how i waste hours just lying there sometimes..

Sounds like you may have cabin fever.

If you are skinny, then spend a few minutes imagining the taste and smell of, say, a glazed donut. Until you have to walk downtown and get one! (substitute your favorite locally available food)

If not food, then think about something else that you really want that's only available outside.

Easy for me to say. I've wasted a lot of time like that around the house. Reading a book for the third time or something.

Is there a television involved here? If so, I suggest a nice hard brick or a hammer could solve the problem.

i have major anxiety issues before i get out of bed in the morning, so that usually contributes to the feeling that i just want to take my klonopin and stay in bed.

sometimes the night before i write out a list (i have ADD and live by lists) of all that i have to do in the coming day, and read through that. sometimes it is full of stuff i do NOT want to do, like cleaning, but i know i have to, and my sense of responsibility gets me up and going, even if my depression has me in teh gutter of hell.

I'm the same, I've spent the past couple of weeks "in bed" (on my laptop). The only reason I've ventured out was to go buy something to eat every day. I don't cook nowadays so I have to go BUY something. I think of what I want, then may drive for 20 mins or more to go and get it, sometimes on the other side of town. It's getting expensive.

If it wasn't for that I'd lie in bed all day and have no reason to get up. I might be starting a job next week where I have to get out of my lazy bed every morning. How I'm going to cope I don't know, but I'll have to.

I know I should be savouring my last few days of "freedom" and enjoying myself while I still have so much free time. But what do I find myself doing? I'm still spending whole days in bed.

When I wake up I'm still tired and sleepy, despite 8-10 hours of sleep I'm always feeling tired (not on any meds currently, though I should be on something, but anyway, not caused by meds). Depression sux.

• 2 weeks later...

My post doesn't have answers, I don't think, but I could relate to stuff on this thread.

In the a.m. I lay around in bed when I wake up and have dread about whatever. Then thoughts of oh shit here's the stuff that has to be done. Anxiety. And I've stayed inside on the laptop just kind of disappearing in that and avoiding things.

My add like problems are with me. Currently I am picking 2 or 3 things that have to be done or I will feel worse for the not doing of them. I feel yukky anxious when doing them, so I have to slow way down to be sure I did it ok, like did I sign the check for the bill, did I really just lose the paper I just had with me? stuff like that.

It's anxiety really that has me losing track of what to do. Wish I could just lay around but then anxiety kicks my butt and I have to get up and do something..

Hope it gets better for you, lone wolf,

Luli

Living on campus seems to have cured my staying in bed all day. Mainly because if I want to eat I have to leave my room and walk across campus to the cafeteria. But I do admit that there are still some days where I spend more time in bed than not.

Weekends are the absolute worst for me when it comes to this issue. Even though I'm not working right now I can get myself going on the weekdays and get a few things done. There is something about Sundays that paralyzes me. I just give up. I usually get to the point of getting dressed and that is my big accomplishment for the day. Sad.

Archived