CrazyBoards.org

Adding Wellbutrin 300mg to Effexor 300mg

When my pdoc heard that recent stressful events in my life seemed to knock me back into the zombie realm, he added 300mg of Wellbutrin to my 300mg of Effexor. I'm about to take my first full dose (I'm adding the evening dose today).

I've tried Wellbutrin before, as an augment to Zoloft. It did nothing. Do you think it will help as an augment to Effexor?

And (this is embarrassing), I don't know if the pdoc meant for this to be a temporary augment or a permanent add-on. What would you guess?

I suppose I should make an appointment.

When my pdoc heard that recent stressful events in my life seemed to knock me back into the zombie realm, he added 300mg of Wellbutrin to my 300mg of Effexor. I'm about to take my first full dose (I'm adding the evening dose today).

I've tried Wellbutrin before, as an augment to Zoloft. It did nothing. Do you think it will help as an augment to Effexor?

I...don't know. AIDSmeds said that each drug would increase the plasma concentration of the other, but they said this was a "moderate" reaction. And I've heard of people taking up to 600 mg/day of Effexor.

And (this is embarrassing), I don't know if the pdoc meant for this to be a temporary augment or a permanent add-on. What would you guess?

I suppose I should make an appointment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would guess permanent add-on, but I'd check if I were you.

...that your pdoc is going to wait and see if it helps and if it does then it's probably permanent until you've been stable for long enough that s/he will listen to you if you say you want to try reducing the dosages.

Greeny

Archived