35 Days Slice and Dice free!

It's so exciting. I've been 35 days without cutting. This is amazing. Ever since I relapsed, I'd be doing it every day for hours at a time.

Maybe I'm _not_ doomed to be this way for the rest of my life!

Yay! And thank you for everyone who told me to go to ER. (although the hospital didn't help, they were able to change my insurance so I could see a tdoc and pdoc here)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nice job!!! Every day holds new hope. Congrats on a huge accomplishment sc!! It wasn't easy, but you did it. We may feel doomed, but there is always hope. ALWAYS. Maybe its just this tiny little sliver, but its always there. Now that you have seen it, don't let it go. Cheirsh it for the gift that it is. You have done great work and you deserve mega MEGA praise. Hope that you are as proud of you as I am!!

congrats! 35 days is amazing. it is nice to be able to count accomplishments....

Is there anything that can keep the scars from being superbad? My thighs are covered, practically. I don't know what I can do for that.

you can try some OTC products like mederma cream....

congrats again. good job

as for making your skin look better, there are a couple of ideas-

topamax is said to help heal scars. i think that my chicken pox scars faded while i was taking topa, and they haven't gone back to how bad they were (not terrible or anything, just 2 annoying ones on my face between my eyebrows)

not everyone has this reaction to lamictal, and i don't know how common of a side effect it is (like if they even list it), but it made me stop biting my nails and now they're long and nice, my hair grows very fast and is thicker, and it improved my skin. i don't know if those effects are common, but it did it for me.

i know improved skin is a common side effect of topa. maybe discuss it with your pdoc. it is a hard drug to take, especially with risk of the stupids and kidney stones. maybe the otc cream is a better bet!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lasted almost ten months. Came out of a two month stay at a mental hospital all my meds were right and no urges to harm. All of a sudden I am back cutting again and I do not have a clue why. Now my arm is a mess and I have to figure out how the heck to explain it to my doctor so I don't get hospitalized.

trg247

congrats for lasting so long!

just because you had an SI incident doesn't mean you'd have to go to the hospital, unless they're really strict about it in your area/your pdoc is strict. my hospitals/pdoc will only hospitalize me if i'm an immediate danger to my own life or the wellness of others. considering that i do not SI or have any urges to kill myself or harm others, i would not be hospitalized at this point.

you could explain it as just being a minor set-back, and explain that you feel your meds are right, the hospital wouldn't help because your meds are right and this was a minor mistake, and that you feel well enough to not go to the hospital. around here they'll only hospitalize, as i said, if you're going to kill yourself or harm others, or actually, if you're totally psychotic or off-the-wall manic too. but usually just the other reasons.

again, supershar42- congrats that you've taken it little by little, days and hours at a time, and you're slice and dice free. i know it is hard to break an SI habit. you're brave to attempt to break the cycle. you're succeeding! don't look down on yourself- it is only a minor set-back to conquer a huge problem. i see SI as like an addiction. you have to try and try again to succeed. and you succeed every hour you are SI free!

Archived