luvox anyone?

Guest montyface

Guest montyface

I was just thinking of my chat with my PDOC tomorrow. Don't think he will give up on the cymbalta yet because it has only been 3 weeks. However the tired feeling sucks big time, it is more then just tired though.

So I have never tried zoloft, luvox, or lexapro but apparently luvox has the best rep for ocd? I don't do things a specific number of times but I DO:

obsess over shite all the time

run around looking for stuff I lose in the house

go make sure I know where stuff is even if I don't need it just because....

can't lose something or I go nuts looking for it, can be 100.00 or an ink pen worth 1.00

i was on luvox for seven years, and for most of that time my ocd was kept in check. the only knock on it in my book is that you can't drink caffeine on it. the same liver enzymes that metabolize luvox are the ones that metabolize caffeine, so when you drink caffeine it amplifies the effect a couple of times and it stays in your system much longer. other than that (and i didn't discover this interaction until six years into it) it was probably my favorite ssri. i'm on zoloft right now and it seems to be working okay for me, but i'm mostly on it for depression right now. lexapro didn't do shit except make me really numb. i don't think its approved for the treatment of ocd, and i don't think it should be either. just my two cents though.

I was on luvox for a year and for me I developed serotogenic agitation.

My p-doc feels it is the worst of the ssris, with paxil being the best choice for OCD and the others all being effective too. I took paxil for a year and other than the sedation and weight gain, it was really really good.

Some people find luvox to be great, but it just wasnt for me. I am on prozac now by the way and it seems to be pretty good.

Archived