what do you do if youre puking?

ive been sick most of the morning and have started to throw up a few times. i cant swallow water without the gag reflex kicking in. how the heck am i supposed to take my meds??? what will happen if i just cant. im afraid to swallow them for fear i'll just puke them right back up. i take 300mg wellbutrin xl. any suggestions??? blech!

I don't think missing a day or two of WB will kill you, though it would almost certainly be destabilizing. Of course, I've only missed days of 100mg Wellbutrin SR. I haven't tried your dose or formulation.

Is there anything you can make yourself swallow? Avoiding dehydration is priority number one. Meds come after.

If you were taking something uncoated and standard release, I'd suggest crushing it, but that's not possible with Wellbutrin.

Rest. Your body needs it.

Betscu, I've had a puking problem for years off and on. What every one else has said is great advice. Some times when you got the gag reflex going, something cold, like a juicesickle will help, cus the cold numbs your throat somewhat. The most important thing is to keep hydrated

Hope that you feel better

hi everybody! thanks for all the replies and the reminder about staying hydrated. i took a little nap that day but woke with a killer dehydration headache. once the nausea subsided i took the advice and started downing the water. i was finally able to take my pills a few hours later. thanks again for the advice. i needed it and it helped!

Just saw this - but I work in a group home for DD adults and if these girls don't have their meds then... it's bad news.

Anyway, i MUST STATE THAT YOU MUST ONLY DO THIS IF YOUR MEDS ARE SAFE TO CRUSH, but if you crush them up and mix them with a syrup of some sort (mix really well) or yogurt, they'll usually go down without too much problem. It's how we get some of the girls to take their meds if they puke. Might work for you next time!

Archived