CrazyBoards.org

anyone remember my roommate?

withing

Well, I don't want to strangle him anymore.  Now I want to kick him in the face until even his mommy wouldn't recognize him. 

Not only that, I want to run him over with my car... many times. 

No, that's too good for him.  How about disembowelment?  Yeah... that'll work.

Fucking little pencil necked asshole.

You know, I knew he was an annoying little something, but I at least thought he was honest.  I mean, I'm usually something of a good judge of character, and he always played honest with me when we lived together.  But, he's sure given me the shaft this time.

When I moved out to Asheville, I paid off my lease.  He paid $800, and I paid $800.  We signed an agreement (and had it witnessed - mamma didn't raise no fool), that he would pay me back the $800 I paid, by the end of June.  So far, he's sent me $184... and a lot of empty promises.

Meanwhile, the credit that I worked my *ass* off to get in good standing is going down the drain because I can barely make my bills, and I was counting on him sending me *some* money to pay off the back bills.  Half of my stuff is still in VA Beach, and I can't go get it because I can't afford the gas to get there.

The last straw was today.  He was supposed to send me $200 last Friday, but first it was "I lost your address."  Now, it's some bullshit about water bills.  What the hell do I care about his water bill??? He's been living RENT FREE in that fucking apartment since fucking February and he's giving me bullshit about fucking water bills?  I can't take this shit anymore.

I've been in a seething rage all day, since he sent me his curt little email informing me that he wasn't going to send me any money this week - again.  More of a mixed state, enraged, then crying... I *really* didn't want to work.  All day long, I wondered how I was going to make my car payment, and my rent payment. Both are due, and I can only afford one, and the little shit *knew* that because I told him that.

I know that he's not going to pay me.  I know that I could take him to court and try and get my money out of him.  I know that it's partially my fault because I flew out of there and opened myself up to this.  I can't afford to take fucking time off of work to go and sue his fucking ass.  He probably knows that and is laughing his ass off thinking he's got it made, and he's most likely right.  The little fuck.

I don't remember the details, Path, but I do remember you talking (ranting?  ;) ) about him on the old forum.

Wish I could give you some advice. The situation totally sucks. I guess I'd at least send him a letter (registered mail) that very, very politely tells him that if he doesn't follow through with the agreement (include a copy), that you'll unfortunately be left with no option than to take him to court and that you really don't want to do that to him, but that your situation is as dire as his and you were/are counting on that income to fulfill your obligations. Just be as professional and nice and factual about it as you can. The last thing you want to do is piss him off. Oh... and edit that totally run-on sentence I just wrote.

Even if you don't follow through on it, maybe it would be enough for him to take you seriously. The registered mail thing is always good - it costs $1.00 (I think) and makes things appear to be all official. I'll PM or email you a copy of a similar letter I wrote, if you'd like. It was a different situation, but it might serve as a good template.

~Sunshine

patheral,

All I can say is damn the shit has had to come back into your life. If I could afford to get to wherever this asshole lives, I would get there and beat his ass for you.

Sorry this has become a problem again. Sucks shit.

Can I try another money dance for you?

Erika

patheral,

All I can say is damn the shit has had to come back into your life. If I could afford to get to wherever this asshole lives, I would get there and beat his ass for you.

Sorry this has become a problem again. Sucks shit.

Can I try another money dance for you?

Erika

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's so funny Erika, because I was just thinking you and I should try the money dance thing again.  Maybe it will work both ways this time.

The one solution I can think of, if I can get him to agree with it, is if I can get my ex husband - who is still legally  married to me - to "buy" out this loan, then go after Doofus for the money.  I think that might work, because we're still married. See, ex hubby still lives in Virginia Beach, and he's kind of intimidating (he looks like he should be in the mafia), but he's really a pussycat.  Doofus doesn't know that though he's harmless though, and he's nervous around him.  Since I've already had to borrow money from ex hubby these last couple of month, it wouldn't take much more for him to have "bought" out the loan. 

Does that sound feasible?

I'm still annoyed at the little ass.  I think I had too much caffiene yesterday to have been enraged like that, that and the tdoc i saw for the first time really pushed me over - but that's another story.

Gotta get ready for another day.

Path,

That sounds like a good idea if you can get him to agree to it. Especially since he is right there in Va. I have decided that on the whole, people suck. Especially where money is concerned. I wish you the best getting it back. It is tough enough being a single parent. Hang in there. You are doing a good job. Don't let this pull you down.

Sondra

Yesterday was a bad day... My sister says she's never heard me cuss that much, and my nieces ran for cover when furniture started flying.  I'm okay now - I think that even decaf coffee has got to go.  I'll figure things out with the little pencil necked pissant. He's so lucky he lives 400 miles away and gas costs so much.

patheral,

I say go for the intimidating ex-husband. It sure can't hurt anything and from the sounds of him (the ex-roommate that is), the pissy, penciled-necked *bubbles the chimp*, I think the presence of a menacing figure just may work.

Erika

I say go for the intimidating ex-husband. It sure can't hurt anything and from the sounds of him (the ex-roommate that is), the pissy, penciled-necked *bubbles the chimp*, I think the presence of a menacing figure just may work.
I agree!  Don't let this sonofabitch get away with this!  I remember him rubbing your daughter's feet after she told him to stop too.  He's a prick.  Get your ex husband to go nail the slimy s.o.b.

It may be enough just to say that you are considering selling the loan to ex, since this guy is already nervous about him. But the bit someone else said about being very careful what you write seems wise.

Here's what I'm emailing Doofus:

Since you sent me an email over a week ago stating that you would send me a payment last weekend, and then waited until after the weekend to tell me you didn't have my address, then you said you would send it out the next day, and waited two days to tell me about this overly large water bill, I can only assume that you really had no intention of sending me anything.

The thirtieth of June is next Thursday.  That is when our agreement states you will honor our contract, so I will wait until then before seeking legal advice.  I have tried my best to keep my end of our bargain and retrieve belongings out, but since you have been remiss in your end, I have not been able to. The repairs to my car, and the gas money to come there could easily have been paid for by one payment from you, which I told you many times. Now, I must find alternate ways to remove my belongings as the apartment will no longer be in my name by the time I have the funds to come to Virginia.  I will inform you when I have made arrangements.

I talked to my ex, and he can't buy out the loan as he's in a finacial fix himself, however, he agreed to "express his displeasure" to Doofus, and he can be very elegant in his wording, if you get my drift.  He did agree to go get my stuff out of the apartment for me though.  I may have to kiss the money good-bye, but I don't want my stuff to disappear. It's not much, books, photos, a printer, and papers, etc... but I still want it.

Here's his reply:

I am sorry i have not been able to send you money, as i would have liked. I have had to deal with the fact that i am dealing with that legal situation. and having to go to NYC to see my SICK father, depleated my funds more than i thought.

I still plan on paying you the money. I have had a very stressful couple of months, and not had my mind on things as they should be. i get paid on friday the 31st, and i WILL send a check to you.

I paid the water bill, so it would not come out of your security deposit. which will be mailed to you shortly. {it was in my name since my name was on the lease - big of him huh?} I am sorry for any added stress that i have caused.

Here's his reply:

I still plan on paying you the money. I have had a very stressful couple of months, and not had my mind on things as they should be. i get paid on friday the 31st, and i WILL send a check to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry I couldn't resist, or be worried, or both. I hope this jerk realizes that June only has 30 days and Thursday is the 30th. I hope he meant to say he gets paid July 1 and will actually send the money then. Still he has missed his deadline and the money won't arrive in time for you to settle your bills. Just hoping he doesn't mean July 31st.

Erika

Sorry I couldn't resist, or be worried, or both. I hope this jerk realizes that June only has 30 days and Thursday is the 30th. I hope he meant to say he gets paid July 1 and will actually send the money then. Still he has missed his deadline and the money won't arrive in time for you to settle your bills. Just hoping he doesn't mean July 31st.

Erika

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I noticed that myself.  I'm assuming that he meant the first.  I'm not answering him right away. I'll send him an email tomorrow, and point that out to him.  I'm sure that he meant the 1st.  He better have meant the first...  Either way, I won't see anything until the second or fifth (mail you know).  Or, he can give it to my ex, and my ex can deposit it in my bank (which is in VA)... Yeah, that sounds like a plan.  Then I won't have to wait and wonder if it's coming...

Archived