cymbalta vs ssri + Wellbutrin?

Guest montyface

Guest montyface

So cymbalta for 3 weeks, and I am just wiped out, tired, not motivated, blah feeling, feel like shit really.

The tiredness is the biggest problem.

I have tried zoloft, prozac, lexapro, and celexa. All made me tired just like this, oh and effexor to.

So pdoc told me before when he gave me cymbalta that if this did that to me or didn't work the next step is an ssri + something like wellbutrin.

I have no idea why it took like 10 years for a doctor to actually come up with this theory that if the ssri works for my anxiety and a small bit for the ocd that maybe if I can get past the tiredness with something to help it that I can increase the dose of the ssri to a high enough one and finally feel better but not fu**** tired all the time, and I mean TIRED.

Anyone try cymbalta or effexor and have an ssri + wellbutrin work better for anxiety + the O type ocd and possibly ADD I guess.

Guest montyface

yes, 3 weeks in, 2 at 30 and 1 at 60mg. Just TIRED from it, really bad. Talked to the pdoc and he wants me to go in on Monday My guess is he will move me back to an ssri and then add something else. For some reason on all of these meds - ssri's and have tried effexor and now cymbalta I get tired, lethargic, no motivation, just sleepy and blah.

The anxiety gets better, the ocd stuff is really just dulled a bit,, but I can't live this tired, I have to much going on with work and family.

So we shall see, he told me the next option or logical thing was an ssri + wellbutrin? Seems popular so we will see. I am worried about the wellbutrin making me anxious and agitated, it appears to be a big problem with that stuff?

Did you start the Cymbalta yet, Monty?

i've taken WB for a year and a half and it hasn't made me anxious at all. i've read that it can be a side effect but honestly, it is the one drug in my cocktail that i have zero side effects from (except lamictal's positive side effects).

you could try WB or also ask about strattra. i didn't like strattera but some people do.

i'd try the SSRI+a more stimulating drug, like wellbutrin.

i'm sorry you're having trouble with all this. good luck!

So cymbalta for 3 weeks, and I am just wiped out, tired, not motivated, blah feeling, feel like shit really.

The tiredness is the biggest problem.

I have tried zoloft, prozac, lexapro, and celexa. All made me tired just like this, oh and effexor to.

So pdoc told me before when he gave me cymbalta that if this did that to me or didn't work the next step is an ssri + something like wellbutrin.

I have no idea why it took like 10 years for a doctor to actually come up with this theory that if the ssri works for my anxiety and a small bit for the ocd that maybe if I can get past the tiredness with something to help it that I can increase the dose of the ssri to a high enough one and finally feel better but not fu**** tired all the time, and I mean TIRED.

Anyone try cymbalta or effexor and have an ssri + wellbutrin work better for anxiety + the O type ocd and possibly ADD I guess.

my pdoc often prescribes provigil (modafinil) with an SSRI to counteract SSRI sedation.

The difference between Cymbalta and an SSRI + Wellbutrin is dopamine reuptake inhibition. Cymbalta doesn't do this. SSRIs don't do this. Wellbutrin does (but doesn't do serotonin reuptake inhibition). Both Cymbalta and Wellbutrin do norepinephrine reuptake inhibition.

Am I making sense?

A handful of us have had luck with Cymbalta + Wellbutrin. All three receptors get hit that way. But that can make it hard to figure out which receptor you're having trouble with. That's why pdocs like to start out with the simple stuff first.

Archived