Effexor and Brain Shivers

I've noticed lately, when I'm lying in bed trying to sleep or just waking up (with my eyes closed) that my eyes feel a little bit wobbly, like when coming OFF a/d's and getting those awful brain shivers.

does this make sense? has anyone experienced what I'm talking about?

just wondering if I need to mention it to my pdoc (going tomorrow).

God Vee, we are living parallel lives...

see my pdoc tomorrow with same question about Effexor and brain shivers because I'm titrating up on it right now (Effex.)

Saw him LAST week in the hall and while seeing tdoc and ran the question by him quickly, he said he didn't think it was the Effexor because it's XR, but I think it is. I think my body metabolizes it quickly because it happens (brain shivers) same time of day. Then also I'm coming off benzos a bit more harshly than I am comfortable with, but he has assured me with the benzos I'm taking I won't seize and that I have to white knuckle the shakes and other discomforts for a bit.

Will report back tomorrow night!

S9

I only noticed it lately... and I had been drinking the night before. Maybe I should try to see if it happens when I'm not drinking?

what the hell is up with us having parallel lives S9??? Freaky Deaky! ;)

Drinking does fuck everything up, I think. Could be anxiety. I'm brain dead this am from the horrible migraine last night. Could be an ear thing for you too. You see pdoc tomorrow, ya say? He'll have a notion, probably.

I know I have to take my Effexor the same time of day every day or I can get brain zappy. I take mine when I wake up. How much Effexor are you on? How long have you been on it?

Better day today? I hope so. What is the time differential between you and EST?

Hugs,

S9

I try to take my meds before 10am every day. In fact, I have an alarm on my cell phone that goes off at that time, just to remind me in case I haven't done it already. However, the weekends are always a bit off anyway, since I don't get up at the same time as I do during the week.

I do notice if I truly forget I definitely feel weird and zappy. So I just do my best to take it properly every day.

I'm on 150mg, I started that I think in April or so? I've been on Effexor for a good two years though... hard to remember really.

Definitely better/ok today. Not particularly excited about anything but just pushing through.

eta: forgot to add - S9, I'm 6 hours ahead of EST ;)

Archived