The Biggest Loser?

abifae

good observation abifae. it seems like this is another media attack on weight and body image. i'm for the law in spain outlawing too-thin models from their runways.

what about sensible eating, losing 1-2 lbs a week, and group therapy (much like weight watchers, i've had good experiences with weight watchers).

this kind of stuff makes me just as sick as those shows that parade potential spouses in front of a person and they go on "dates" to match with the "right" one who they will marry on the show. ;)

i've never seen the show either. i just stumbled across it. but i know a LOT of people at work started talking about it, so i know it is being watched.

of course, i think all of the reality shows are pretty fucked up anyway. started with really bad talk shows and it's just getting worse lol.

i'm glad i don't have cable.

i've had good experience with weight watchers too. not on me, cuz i do different sorts of diets (diabetic with a very very fast metabolism) but i know a lot of people who only learned to eat healthily through them, so i approve.

abifae

abifae-

i also had a very good experience with weight watchers. i gained 30lbs due to zyprexa and had to lose it to fit into my clothes, so i joined WW, a gym, and started taking the combo of topamax+450WB. i lost the weight in about 3 weeks. that's a very fast rate, but i think stopping the Z probably had the most to do with it.

i learned healthy eating habits at WW. actually, i was at the gym and i saw this lady who was about my height and build with this amazing body. i asked her how she had gotten in such good shape, and she said WW and the gym. i went out that same night and joined WW. i'm not such an avid hym-goer and i don't go to WW meetings anymore, but i still eat that way for the most part (except the bad stuff here and there!).

it seems like a much healthier way to lose weight than the Biggest Loser show. i refuse to watch it just on principle.

Archived